KR7A-133RAID Processor Speed...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by bpimpdaddy21, Feb 27, 2003.

1. bpimpdaddy21

bpimpdaddy21 Guest

I have a Abit KR7A-133RAID and an AMD XP 1800+ Processor. My question is what is the fastest processor that my mobo supports? In my BIOS it shows that I can set a speed of 2200+, and I was wondering if I can get a 2200+ for my mobo. Does anyone know what the max speed is? Please let me know. Thanks.

2. rettahc

rettahc Guest

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/kr7a133/techspec.php

3. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

isn't the 2000+ a 0.18 micron process? and i wound consider going DDR, since the CPU can run at DDR266 by default.

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

but... he does have ddr. :confused:

pimpdaddy... there is an isue with the KR7A's and what they support. people have successfully put in xp 2400+'s and they've worked fine. i bet the 2200+ would work.

but is it worth the upgrade? it's only 266mhz (17%) faster than your current processor. but if you're trying to get the most out of your board, i can understand that.

5. bpimpdaddy21

bpimpdaddy21 Guest

I am just trying to find out so that if I want to upgrade this board and get the most out of it before I get a new one, I wanted to know what the fastest processor is that I could put in here.

6. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

understandable. i did the same thing with this board.

being that the fastest 266mhz bus athlon is the 2600+, and it has been tested to work in the KR7A, you should get that.