Kinda NEW and need some help.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by PieMan16, Jun 6, 2008.

1. PieMan16

PieMan16 OSNN One Post Wonder

Hey all I know I am a newbie but I was told this would be the best site for help.

I got this Mother Board http://www.uabit.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=48&page=1&model=381
    and it is saying code 10. Well I looked into this and code 10 is "Auto detect flash type to load appropriate flash R/W codes into the run time area in F000 for ESCD & DMI support"

What does this mean? Can someone please translate this in to english so I know what to fix.

Thanks again

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

It it is hanging there I would say that the bios is fubar. You'll want to see if it's under any kind of warranty and get it tested/replaced by the store or abit.

3. PieMan16

Thanks the MB isn't even a month old. GOt it from newegg. SO I will call abit thanks LordofLA

4. PieMan16

Abit is sending me a BIOS chip

5. Temperal

Temperal OSNN Junior Addict

Very good news, quick too. Good luck with it.

6. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

I read that post early this morning and was like wtf. Glad to read that it seems to be a BIOS glitch and that Abit is sending you a new one

7. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

I've been using an abit motherboard for quite some time and when I first got it I had some pains with getting it to post. I flashed the bios with the same bios that was installed and it booted right up. It wasn't that the bios was a bad bios but that the flash wasn't taken properly by whoever put my chip on. I would think trying that out might be a good idea.

8. PieMan16

Tuffgong.

Nice thing with this mb is it has no jumpers for the bios reset. It has a switch you flip to flash it. but yesterday abit send me the chip. thanks again.