Kind of Funny

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by open_source, Jul 25, 2002.

1. open_source

open_source Guest

kind of funny that you are running your Micro$oft Windows XP site on Apache on a linux server.

Also if you are worried about security, which I assuming you are since you took the site down to upgrade PHP, then you need to think about either upgrading from PHP-Nuke 5.2 to 5.6 or switching to postnuke. My suggestion would be Postnuke.
    ;)

2. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

We run apache because thats what the hosting company runs.

JJB6486

3. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

catch: easy tiger

The reason we won't update phpnuke is because 5.2 is very stable and because we have hacked the **** out of it, even more so now and you will see the results of this once we believe things are stable again, upgrading to a new version would be too difficult at this stage.

4. Electronic Punk

Forgot to add that from any version above 5.2 the layout and style have changed and therefore we would have to essentially begin again from scratch!

5. open_source

open_source Guest

It is funny because anytime someone on here recommends using Linux they get flamed.

ps. I would not worry about calling people lamers when you have such a gay a$$ avatar.

6. open_source

open_source Guest

Thank you for actually giving an answer that was logical and not being an a$$ as Catch is.

7. Electronic Punk

Don't worry, catch is the resident angry teenager, "he hates his parents don't you know" - just gotta not take it seriously..

I was tempted to trty update my local copy of XP-erience to 5.6, but it's not as stable as 5.2 and I would have to update my local database 4 times then manually edit all 4 files... Just spent 4 days learning the ins and outs of the 5.2 code!

8. open_source

open_source Guest

Have you ever looked into Postnuke? It is based of off PHP-Nuke but has been streamlined and tightened up a bit.

9. Sprung

Sprung Guest

ROFLMAO :p

10. Electronic Punk

Apparently PHPnuke is going to be better than post nukr. We'r not gonna move for the same reason tho -- everything has been customised.

11. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

catch you start to much stuff thats why.

12. Electronic Punk

Looks like I went back on my previous statement, and it has been a nitemare, post nuke is soo complicated compared to phpnuke, makes up it's own variables etc.