Keyboard madness

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by gballard, Jan 16, 2004.

1. gballard

gballard Moderator

Does anyone know what could possibly be causing my forward slash key to "go away". Its the strangest thing I have ever seen. I noticed it last night while on IRC. I went to type a command and the damn thing wouldn't type. And it just wasn't in mIRC...it was in any program. I rebooted and it was back for a bit but then I started up mIRC and it went away again. I ran a virus scan and checked for trojans but it came up clean....:(

2. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

test it with another keyboard, if it doesn't then you know the problem, if it does then you know is a system problem

3. gballard

gballard Moderator

i have tested it with another keyboard...perhaps i just need to reformat and reload...i dont mind doing that if it fixes the problemo...

4. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

have you mapped the key to something else? Possibly a stupid annoying little trojan...

5. dubstar

dubstar format c:

look, your forware slash key and i were talking the other night... your just too abusive man. you need to lighten up. forward slash and i argree to you spending sometime alone. how can you 'know' others, without 'knowing' yourself. please thinks heavily on this, while i ponder about why i am actually posting this.

6. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

wtf? :confused: lol. :p

good advice, though.

7. gballard

gballard Moderator

oh you guys are gonna laugh at this one...heh...i found out why my / key was going away...i had a screen capture program running and I had bound the / to do the screen caps...and totally forgot about it when i wasnt doing screencaps...so naturally...the / wouldnt work in typing...i had a crapload of screencaps tho...hehe...:)