Kerio's Firewall is not dead after all!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by NetRyder, Dec 1, 2005.

1. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Good news. :D

Also added a story to the front-page: http://www.osnn.net/comments.php?shownews=12338

2. jpom

jpom OSNN Addict

uggghhhh.... Well I'm glad to see kerio won't die, unfortunatly I don't currently have a lot of faith in sunbelt. If their counterspy program which was developed from Giant's is any indication as to how they do things then kerio might as well be dead.

I bought a license from sunbelt for counterspy, I had some serious problems with it right from the beginning, I've emailed their "Help Desk" 3 times on 3 seperate incidents and never once recieved a reply. Their program is a system hog (50MB memory and constant 10% cpu load with active protection on) and when people have contacted them about it their reply has essentially been yup we know and don't really care.

I like kerio because of it's fairly low footprint and it's never once screwed up a system I've installed it on, if sunbelt's getting ahold of it I shudder to think what will become of it.

3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I've never actually used any of Sunbelt's products, so I figured it was good news that they're still going to continue the free version, unlike Sygate's demise.
    After reading your post, I'm not so sure... =\