Just Watched Supersize ME!!

smoothyuk said:
The guy was not only shoveling in the fat (burgers & fries), he was downing some serious sugar (all the coke and deserts), as well as drastically reducing his daily exercise. It was not so surprising to see him gain 24lbs, even in such a short period of time.

Your conversions seem a little off though, 182lbs is 13 stone, 210 is 15. I was 212 a few months ago, down to 179 now...was about 260 from age 17 to 19 (I'm 25 now), what a mess.

As for 190lbs by Christmas...if all you're doing is cutting out fast food you'll probably not make it, but you might see a big enough effect by then to motivate you into taking the further steps necessary to reach your goal.

Good luck anyhow. :)
I wasn't just going to cut out Fast food but also excersize as well, but tell me Steevo how did you lose so much weight in so little time, specifically what did you do?

Oh yeah and just to clarify the Mc D's salads with a dressing have just as much fat in them as a quarter pounder... so why the fck order them. and i also hate seeing 400-500lb people order tons of food and then a diet coke, hey if you want to order a ton of food literally, just go for regular coke, hey why not pour more suger in too.

lancer said:
I weigh(sic) 210lbs now, i think thats 14 stone, i'm looking to way 190 by christmas i think thats about 12 stone...

210 lbs = 15 stone (sorry :eek:)

190 = a tad over 13 and a half stone (double :eek: :rolleyes: )

He better not do a sequel on Taco Bell because ignorance is bliss!

lancer said:
I think you'll find marge that in a few years it will all change teenagers have a totally different metabolic rate than adults, so the fat he is eating now is being burnt up real quick but his metabolic rate will slow a lot going into adulthood, plus i have to say if you are making the chips at home baking or from potatoes its probably not too bad, how are you preparing them hmmm nothing like english homemade chips.

Exactly right, unfortunately things will change for this guy, and if he's 15 I really don't think he'll have to wait long either. I was skin and bone living on fish fingers and chips until about age 12, puberty is a b*tch.

Not sure about home made chips though, fact is even boiled potatoes aren't all that good for you, which is annoying because I love potatoes in slow cooker meals. *drools*

Anyway, as for losing the weight..it was achieved in stages, I went from 212 to about 196 in two months (keeping that weight stable for about two months), then down to 179 in a 6 week period, so the hard work is done in a 14 week period but it's spaced out a little. It just so happens that I'm obsessive compulsive, so when I decide to do something, not much is going to stop me (I do not recommend aspiring to be obsessive compulsive, it's not half as much fun as it sounds).

To get detailed..I basically cut all deserts and sugar (except the sugar in condiments..my one downfall) and kept to three small meals a day (dinner being mostly steamed vegetables). People really don't understand that you have to eat to lose weight, if you start skipping meals (or eat the wrong foods) you lack the energy needed to keep up a decent exercise routine.

smoothyuk said:
Exactly right, unfortunately things will change for this guy, and if he's 15 I really don't think he'll have to wait long either. I was skin and bone living on fish fingers and chips until about age 12, puberty is a b*tch.
Sorry wrong.We have been told by the doctor and a dietician that he has seen for the last 10 year that he is not gonna have any problems whatsoever so we should just leave him be.I think they should know seeing as there are qualified.
My cousins daughter is the same as you smoothyuk with the fish fingers and chips except she has lived on them alone since she was 8 and is still the same at 21.She is as skinny as a bloody rake too and about 6' tall. :rolleyes:

How anyone can eat the same thing day after day,year after year is beyond me,I eat something twice in a week and I can't face it again for months :p

LOL yeah all this talk about how we should eat , I am sorry for every one way you show me I am going to show you the DR with a PHD that will say exactly the reverse of whatever your going to say, its all nonesence the whole lot of it.

Thats true Kermit :D
The only thing that makes you fat is you.Don't blame food for obesity,it isn't forced down your throat you eat it by choice :p

Yes and I LOVE IT!!!! Bring on the greasy pork chops , the 2 inch thick steaks!!! YUMMY I go to MAc D's and I eat 3 BIG MAC's lololol

I want to enjoy all this FOOD cause one day I am gonna not be here and that could be tommorow as far as I know, I could die in an accident but one thing is for sure I am not gonna eat like a freakin rabbit the time I am here thats for sure. :D :D

Kermit_The_Frog said:
YUMMY I go to MAc D's and I eat 3 BIG MAC's lololol
haha you sound just like my hubby,3 big macs with 3 large fries in one sitting is his usual :D
Since his dad died aged 52 and my cousin's husband aged 39 in the same year he say's he is gonna do what the hell he likes cause you don't know how long you've got on this earth

Evil Marge said:
Sorry wrong.We have been told by the doctor and a dietician that he has seen for the last 10 year that he is not gonna have any problems whatsoever so we should just leave him be.I think they should know seeing as there are qualified.
My cousins daughter is the same as you smoothyuk with the fish fingers and chips except she has lived on them alone since she was 8 and is still the same at 21.She is as skinny as a bloody rake too and about 6' tall. :rolleyes:

How anyone can eat the same thing day after day,year after year is beyond me,I eat something twice in a week and I can't face it again for months :p

Ok the metabolic rate issue was over simplified, even though it's generally accepted that you have a faster metabolic rate when you are younger, it's not only the very young that have a very good metabolic rate. Problem is that your metabolic rate is not a constant, it's affected by the way you live your life, and I'm pretty sure nearly everyone's habits change somewhat from childhood to their adult years. There will be a time in everyone's life when eating habits have to be changed or weight will be gained.

Still there are always exceptions to the rule, miracles seem to happen everyday, some people are immune to the AIDS virus, and some people just never seem to gain weight. I can only indicate possible outcomes based on "average" circumstances and personal experience...after all like you say, I'm no expert.

In any case..good luck to anyone eating what they want and staying in shape, I certainly envy them..I'm not much into rabbit food myself either, we all have our cravings. :)

Eh, I could care less to worry about diets myself...and having taken almost enough classes for a minor in biology could care less to study my food any further. Trust me, after seeing one's food under the microscope and knowing something of the introcacies of human anatomy and one's food...one doesn't necessarly want to get a closer view ;) Having had to have biology lab right after lunch one semester though :eek: We did disections sometimes...

It isn't just what goes in though, but a combination of that and what one burns. I'm lucky in that I can eat a bit like Goku and not have to worry about it :D I do Tia Chi (martial arts training), have been to the gym, rock climbing, etc

Funny thing is I did suggest 5 big Macs to my Tia Chi teacher today. Unfortunately he's in the hospital now for cancer in his throat...is on a food tube now, and waiting to be discharged. Needless to say, upon leaving, he was told by the doctors and one of the biology professors that were visiting that he'll need to go through some rapid weight gain. Reason being preparation for the massive radiation and chemo therapy he needs to undergo. Until he puts pounds on, the docs do not want to start administering the radiation therapy...

Evil Marge said:
haha you sound just like my hubby,3 big macs with 3 large fries in one sitting is his usual :D
Since his dad died aged 52 and my cousin's husband aged 39 in the same year he say's he is gonna do what the hell he likes cause you don't know how long you've got on this earth

:D

Well that is just the point I got one life and I want to enjoy it and I know I might even be taking a few years off with my care free eating , but I figure those years are not going to be my best anyhow.

:)

Son Goku said:
Eh, I could care less to worry about diets myself...and having taken almost enough classes for a minor in biology could care less to study my food any further. Trust me, after seeing one's food under the microscope and knowing something of the introcacies of human anatomy and one's food...one doesn't necessarly want to get a closer view ;) Having had to have biology lab right after lunch one semester though :eek: We did disections sometimes...

It isn't just what goes in though, but a combination of that and what one burns. I'm lucky in that I can eat a bit like Goku and not have to worry about it :D I do Tia Chi (martial arts training), have been to the gym, rock climbing, etc

Funny thing is I did suggest 5 big Macs to my Tia Chi teacher today. Unfortunately he's in the hospital now for cancer in his throat...is on a food tube now, and waiting to be discharged. Needless to say, upon leaving, he was told by the doctors and one of the biology professors that were visiting that he'll need to go through some rapid weight gain. Reason being preparation for the massive radiation and chemo therapy he needs to undergo. Until he puts pounds on, the docs do not want to start administering the radiation therapy...

I really hope he gets well soon !!!!!!

:)

Yeah, thx He's doing better, but still has a ways to go. They took him off the oxygen today (erm yesterday now), so it's one less tube they have him hooked up on. They wanted to remove the cathedar, but he told them to wait another day. He's still having trouble speaking with the trach in his throat and also with the part of the tumor they cut away already when they biopsied it. Problem is they couldn't remove anymore however, as it was rather close to his carotich artery and they didn't want to risk nicking that artery for obvious reasons.

The plan is he'll be released on Monday, and then they'll fatten him up (his words). From there, he'll have to have a food pump in his house for the time being, till he can stomach regular food again, and eat like a normal human being. After they fatten him up, they can start the cancer treatment. I'm gathering people can lose weight during radiation and chemo, which is why they want him to gain before he undergoes these treatments. He very much would like to get out of the hospital but was saying "they won't let me get better" so he'd have to stay longer then originally planned.

Oh, BTW, on Tuesday, he was telling me that I had missed it. Three students came in and did Tia Chi in his hospital room. They then proceeded to ask him to correct their form, when he couldn't even speak and was bed ridden...

OMG i just watched supersize me i was on my way out for fastfood i got disgusted i got back to my dorm room it's agreat movie

my metabolism is extremely slow, so i am a fat ****. Time to lose some weight.

As for killing your liver cause of fat, my dad has yet to see that happen, and he has seen a ****load :p.

Ive stopped drinking most soda (I happen to be sick at the moment (cold)) and jumped to water and tea. Also stopped eating most unhealthy stuff, unless i don't get my three meals at the right time, in which case i start snacking or eating apples and banana's.

Anyways, that movie made me puke, as i remember eating at McD's every chance i got. Now, that is different, i have yet to eat fast food in the last month.

I'm a big guy and proud of it. i admit to eating fast food. i like it. i got only one life on this planet and im going to enjoy it. i also walk everyday. i mow my lawn, tend to my rose garden and get plenty of sexual exercise with my wife. Eating fast food is a choice. wether it's good or bad is really not relevant. I've heard compalints of poor starving children in this country. (USA) I've also heard that obeisity is driving up the cost of health care. Bull. Healthcare is driving up the cost of healthcare. You pay thousands of dollars a year for the chance of getting sick. I've looked into losing weight. i asked my healthare provider about a medically supervised weight loss program run by my local hosptial. they said no , but the have a discount to a local gym. they would rather i go to a gym have a heart attack pay 100,000 dollars for that visit. than 400.00 a month. there is something terribly wrong with that. it reminds me of an episode of doc that's on pax tv. there was a girl who would have violent seizures due to a brain defect. the healthcare provider would have rather put her in a assylum than giver her the operation to remove the half of the brain to stop the seizures. to make a long story short the approved the procedure to be done once. what were they gonna do remove the other half? Healthcare needs to improve. and doctors need to start keeping patients healthy instead of treating them sick. if healthcare providers don't want to pay what they see as avoidable expenses for obese people than allow them to do the medically supervised weghtloss program. put better funding into weight watcher and jenny craig etc..... things will only get better if the healthcare works with the clients and not against them.

I aggree and with that I am gonna eat another big mac and go have sex with my girlfriend.

LOLOL or the other way around

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back