Jumping Office XP Windows

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by rchaput, Jun 3, 2002.

1. rchaput

rchaput Guest

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum to ask this question. I guess I'll find out.

Both in Word and Excel my screen will randomly scroll. Sometimes a few lines sometimes many lines. Someone suggested this could be a virus.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Any suggestions?

2. allan

allan Guest

I don't mean to ask a simplistic question, but have you run a full virus scan on your system (with the latest definitions)?

3. Bytes Back

Bytes Back Ex Police Chief

Your'e not accidentaly pressing the wheel on your mouse are you ?

4. rchaput

rchaput Guest

Yes I have. McAfee ViruScan. I had hoped that this would catch something. Unfortunately not.

5. rchaput

rchaput Guest

Thanks for the reply. No I'm not. I am using a Logitech wireless KB/Mouse. As a shot in the dark I'm going to replace the wireless mouse with a corded one. Thanks for the direction.

6. l0g0ut

l0g0ut OSNN Addict

you know what... i also have the same problem with my logitech wireless mouse/keyboard set.... i replace the mouse with microsoft intellimouse optical.. problem gone...

7. rchaput

rchaput Guest

Interesting. I have also replaced the wireless mouse with a Logitech USB optical. So far so good. Thanks for the comment.

8. robin.munro

robin.munro Guest

I had one with the wire...

I had the wired Microsoft Explorer, have the wirelesss one now and no problems.......

Thing was it was totally random so I guess it may have been either the new optical laser misreading the coffee stain on your desktop! ;)