jswx??

M

MJMoore

I have discovered a text file in my hard drive, entitled jswx. The content of this file is:
WinMain - Web Function MainInitGlobals - Web Function MainInitWindow - Web Function
Every time I reboot my machine, another line of this text is added, and if I delete the file, it returns the next time I start the computer.

I was wondering if anyone else had come across this, or knew which program may be generating it? I know it's a long-shot, but maybe someone has seen this before!? :confused:

Thanks,
Michelle

(Btw, I'm running Windows XP, and I have AV and a firewall.)

My buddy had the same thing happen to him. We think it appeared after he installed ICQ. I think it may be a virus but not sure. We uninstalled ICQ and it was still there. We would delete it and restart and still be there. We then went in to the registry and deleted ICQ folder and then restarted and still there. So we said the hell with ICQ and reformatted the hard drive and put everything back on except for ICQ and it never appeared again. Therfore I believe it came from ICQ. If anyone else has seen this or had this problem, please let us know.

Thanks,

Scooby

Honestly I can't remember what the file extension was. This was about 2 months ago.

Mine is a text file (.txt), and I have already run Ad-Aware.

Michelle

Does not look like it is doing any harm. It might be some sort of log for some web/internet program.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back