Join our Project Dolphin team (Yes, its back :D)

On a random note, if anyone has the knowledge, knows someone with the knowledge or knows somewhere to ask.. I spoke with GeniusDex and he says that if someone has the ability to code a client for Mac OS X then he would take it on board as part of the project. Which would be handy ;)

Also for the linux users, there's an X11 based client out there, written primarily for KDE, but it can run under any X based desktop as long as you have some KDE libraries installed, more info on the site: http://www.mrascii.nl/index.php?page=pulse95

Nice! Linux client looks handy. Will install it next time I boot into Slack. :)

performance killing bugs... ie when I multitask and have pdolphin running it reduces the application performance by a ridiculous level while inducing... for lack of a better word... lag...

here's the kicker though... it is DURING multitasking that I garner most of my keystrokes so I am literally losing tens of thousands a day as is...

@ the end of the day if the small memory footprint is causing problems with application performance to the extent that is appears to be.. it is useless...

if we had a fold@home or seti project group otoh I think i would be more than happy to leave my rig on overnight to process work units...

Like I say, It's never caused any problems for me, nothing like you described, and my Windows box is a 1GHz AMD Thunderbird, hardly the most powerful machine out there.

I dunno... its not a big deal... just annoying little lags... I put up with it for a few weeks... :)

maybe after some upgrades I might be back :cool:

Not saying it's a big deal, just I don't think it's the client.. maybe something else causing the problem

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Not saying it's a big deal, just I don't think it's the client.. maybe something else causing the problem

it only happened when pdolphin was running..

nothing is causing any lag @ the moment for me... and i am using the same suite of apps I always do...

there is no other logical explanation for it...

Rare, kick it then, then take its lunch money.

Spose you can always wait for v1.0, see if that makes any difference :)

Hi!

I´m the one who wrote KPulse for Linux. To be more precise about the specifications:
It requires kdelibs, kdeparts and qt3 from Trolltech. They are included with at least Mandrake and Redhat, other distros might need a clean install of these packages.

The source code is avaible at:
http://www.mrascii.nl/archive/kpulse-0.95/kpulse2.tar.gz

You might need it because I decoded the encryption method of posting pulses. GeniusDex is not a very good programmer, and he could not help me. If you want to write a MacOS client, you may need my sourcecode as a help.

Hey, welcome to NTFS.org MrASCII.
I haven't had the chance to try the KPulse client myself, but I'm sure that many people are very appreciative of the work you've put into it :)

Originally posted by Sazar
it only happened when pdolphin was running..

nothing is causing any lag @ the moment for me... and i am using the same suite of apps I always do...

there is no other logical explanation for it...

I have the source code of Pulse, and know exactly how it works.
It uses a API GetASyncState, and requires very little CPU time.

I´m very positive that your problem is not specifically related to running Pulse. Maybe you are using another program which hooks the same library, and causes a lag when Pulse is running simultanously.

I am not educated - but I like pulshe and have had no probs acrtoss 3 pooters (so far!)

no idea why , bit think Mr AScii - big endian? - may be good for our commnity...

Originally posted by MrASCII
I have the source code of Pulse, and know exactly how it works.
It uses a API GetASyncState, and requires very little CPU time.

I´m very positive that your problem is not specifically related to running Pulse. Maybe you are using another program which hooks the same library, and causes a lag when Pulse is running simultanously.

the problem is specifically minor delay per keystroke...

the most pronounced lag is during gaming when each keystroke == minor lag and is less pronounced though evident when I am working on anything that requires more than just text...

believe me.. it is not related to anything else... and is not a major problem... its just annoying... thats all...

there is no lag/keystroke when it is turned off...

Just reinstalled this after about 3 weeks without it.

I have to re-install and get goin again.

Been without for a couple of months now since HDD went tits up. :(

You must do A LOT of typing, as your still in first place! :S

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back