jmamma.cjit.new

Discussion in 'Site Problems & Feedback' started by Mainframeguy, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

twice or thrice now I have got timeouts in the forum on the link in the subject line - I do not think it is my drunken fingers on the touchpad ....

but if you tell me it is I will stand corrected!

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Ehm.. what on earth are you on about?

3. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

mainframeguy i have been getting something like that too.. mainly when i left the adress bar with just www. in it, i am not sure why it did it, rebooted and it hasn't happened since but it was really wierd, thought firefox was killing itself

4. vivid_vibe

vivid_vibe OSNN Senior Addict

I..think..it's..your drunken fingers on the touchpad, but what do I know?

vivid

5. Mainframeguy

hmmmm it was on firefox for me too - only have it on lappy.....

's my excuse anyway

(If I can do it when sober I'll post screenie - too tired now!)

6. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Probably some ad that refuses to load. FF always notifies you when a site 404's, even when the site is loaded into another site, like it's the case here.

7. Mainframeguy

thanks Glaanie - good to know - someone move this over to problem solved.....

PS - How's the server? If you don't get it up soon I'll have built my new rig and quieted the old into "server mode"!! - j/k - actually I like the way my eyes roll at your red X in IE ;)

8. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

lol, I am having problems with PHP, for some reason the php files won't parse. I updated the software and OS on the server as soon as I got it working again (when I installed the new motherboard). But I think I buggered up an update of PHP, because php-files won't parse now. But I am gonna do a total reinstallation soon and I am gonna run tests with PHP5 + mysql.
    Right now, the server is running as my network storage device, all my music and downloads are stored on there.

9. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

The only adverts that use mamma are the 468x60 adverts.
    I like the ads, mostly flash as they are very pretty and eyecatching - including the flash ad from Microsoft telling people to upgrade to SP2 - the kind of ads I have always wanted.

Unfortunatly the ads I have always wanted pay badly. Think Mamma has made about $10 this month, for the number of impressions they are getting and apparently should be getting it is a little shocking ... so if they continue to cause issues I have no problem removing them, even if I do like the way they look...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.