Jedi Knight 2 volumetric shadow prob

Z

zoyvod

I have a new GF4 Ti 4600 and the there is still a problem with the appearance of the volumetric shadows in the game.Is it a game bug?I am using the fixed 28.32 detonators.Everything else runs fine in the game but the shadows are awful.

I have the same problem to bro.[TI 4400] Guess we have to wait for that all powerful patch. Just play without it for now you wont really miss it.:)

It doesn't get any better with the GF3 either. I has an unusual tendancy to detach the shadow and put it wherever it sees fit. The floating shadow of doom.:D I think I'll shut it off too.

yup it's a problem with the GF3-4 line of cards...wanna know something hysterical, volumetric shadows look beautiful on my geforce2mx on my other comp in the game lol.

tried d3d? (but with the quality set down on the display options)

for all the nvidia cards u can go Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > (then click the tab with ur card's name on it) > then goto Direct3D - then where it says 'peformance' (or something to that effect) - click the drop down menu and choose the option for 'blend' or anythig that isn't best quality

so you say that its better to set this to blend rather than best image quality?
For all the other games too?

well, if u set the quality down it has less complex stuff to draw... hence the increase in fps - but as Qumahlin said before - this is only a comprimise .... d3d rly does suck :) so try and get openGL working - do u have the "nVidia 28.32 Detonators (Fixed)"?

if not i reccomend them, they have boosted my fps a little and i dont have any problems with instablilty in games... well to me XP was a godsend n e way - hehe

I do have the fixed 28.32 but unfortunately Jediknight2 is the D3D only game...I think

Originally posted by r3n3gad3
well, if u set the quality down it has less complex stuff to draw... hence the increase in fps - but as Qumahlin said before - this is only a comprimise .... d3d rly does suck :) so try and get openGL working - do u have the "nVidia 28.32 Detonators (Fixed)"?

Sorry to correct ya, but the problem with the volumetric shadowing has nothing to do with quality or FPS, it's a problem with the video card correctly following the shadow commands and not placing them where they should be and such :p it's a current problem it seems with the geforce 3-4 in jedi knight, I'm pretty sure it's a game engine problem due to it works fine on a geforce2 using the same drivers.

C'mon, those unconnected shadows are great. You walk into a huge room and see a shadow splattered halfway up the wall in front of you and you know to turn around and blast the guy up on the ledge behind you. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back