jdbgmgr.exe!!!! new virus???

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Syedur, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Syedur

Syedur OSNN Addict

Friday, I recieved an email address from this user that I haven't talked for a long time. (on MSN to my hotmail).

here it is...
    I am just making sure, what it is?
    Before I actually delete this file, anyone has anymore ideas or did get anything like I did?

Thanks.

2. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

Hoax

3. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

Remote Debug Manager for Java

4. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

LMAO - only because I remember this from what seems like ages ago!

Look here

BTW - if ya deleted the file - there is a link at the bottom of the above page that tells ya how to get it back.

Just for info - in case some do not know - this link is very useful
    Look at this link

I have it as one of my Favorites;)

5. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

First time I've heard of this 1
    Never noticed that icon before either
    not heard of this scam since
    the SULFNBX.EXE hoax

;-)

6. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

2Z's - yup - my bad - it was the SULFNBX.EXE hoax I was thinking of - I went back and checked on Symnatec and this one has only been around since April of this year!

But it is a cute Teddy Bear!;)

7. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

Yeah it is cute
    :D
    ____________[​IMG]

8. DrMetallica

DrMetallica OSNN Senior Addict

uh...I did a search for this file and didn't find it...

btw...i havn't deleted it

9. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

When you search use the advanced options to include
    System folders, hidden files & Sub folders

;-)

10. Stiertje

Stiertje Guest

Why do people not get it? Other people, and especially virusscanner companies, DO NOT send out messages about virusses. In fact all the companies say is to get an update for their virusscanner.

And when a friend sends you this as a reply, just delete it and tell the friend he's helping this hoax get around he world. Just look it up on the internet on mcafee.com or norton.com

As a side note;
    The guys who make these hoaxes are just waiting to get their own email back in their email box. I even got a message that was signed by "M. van Dalen" When you think about this AND you are Dutch (quite a combination huh?) it may refer to a popular arithmetical mnemonic that means "Mister van Dalen waits for answer" (In Dutch of course)

11. Syedur

Syedur OSNN Addict

Well...
    Thank you guys for your post and your comments...
    I wasn't sure about the email... cause what the pervious person just said... it did sound funny... and I didn't think virus companies would email some stuff like that...

Thanks... :)

12. Stircrazy

Stircrazy Guest

lol a friend got that email ages ago he was all in a panic and called me up all scared sayin since he has me in his address book i probably got it too.. lol

so i did the search and since java was installed ofcourse i found the file so i just went and right clicked it and checked properties lol look its the java debuger made by microsoft called my friend back and was like hey you dumbass it aint no virus...was 2 late he deleted it lol and i showed him the report about it i found like a week later he was all pissed that he fell for it lol
    and he said he believed it because it came from a person he respected lol damn Hoax was worse then and email virus mass sent i bet more ppl deleted thier file than didnt lol