iTunes Album Art Program?

Discussion in 'Macintosh' started by Sazar, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I am looking for an application that will work with Windows and allows me to easily and rapidly update my music collection art-work and hopefully the tagging as well.

Unlike the Zune player, iTunes seems woefully incapable of grouping things together very well and also seems to be lacking a lot of album art which is disappointing. And if I happen to try and add album art, it is only adding it a track at a time.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

2. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

You can add album art manually in iTunes to a whole album. Click the first song, hold Shift and click the last song. Right click and select get info, it will warn you about editing multiple files at once. Click OK and paste the pic in and click Ok.

I've done this a few times.

Sazar likes this.
  3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

well even then moving to cover flow causes album information to show up as incorrect. That is mainly why I want a 3'rd party app.

4. nod32

nod32 OSNN Addict

mp3tag is pretty good. I use it sometimes to fix tags. It can do things like auto tag (maybe get album art too?). I haven't used it much but it can pick up tags that other programs can't.

Sazar likes this.
  5. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Have you tried "Get Album Artwork" under the Store menu in iTunes? It works to some degree though I believe I last used FetchArt which would get the artwork from Amazon and insert it into the files. Just had a quick google and I've not turned up a Windows version yet

Sazar likes this.
  6. jonny813

jonny813 OSNN Addict

Sazar likes this.
  7. RRR

RRR OSNN One Post Wonder

Who is macnitosh

8. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

I use Tag&Rename to tag all my files. I used to tag them with Itunes, but over 500GB of tunes made it unwieldy. I've known about Tag&Rename for a while and I still go back to it, even after trying other free taggers.

Sazar likes this.