It there was....

Goatman

Ska Daddy
If there was a place where you and/or your friends could go and play LAN games (without having to bring your PCs) or online games on a T1 line what would you:

Want to play?
Want to pay? (per hour)

When would you want to play? (hrs of operation)

We can only have two or three games right now, what should they be?

i think that's a great idea for a business. if i visited such a place, i wouldn't pay more than $5/hr or so to play. and if it wasn't open virtually 24/7, there'd be no point, 'cause the lan parties i've hosted have lasted 15+ hours.

as for games? right now, if you really wanted to grab business, i'd highly recommend:

1) bf1942
2) neverwinter nights
3) quake 3: team arena or half-life mods

there is one right by my house.. its called PCZone..

the owner charges 2 dollars per hour.. 5 IS INSAIN!!!!!!!!!

he has t1 lines, and nice computers..

the games he started with were these, and he added a few lately, but i havent been there for a long time.

1 counter strike
2 diablo ii lod
3 war craft or starcraft (one of those)

3 weeks later, he got some stupid games, they sucked.
he repaired computers on the side, (or was it that he sold T1 time on the side??), he also sold games which he bought and tested and didnt like.. he had junk food, and sodas,.. he wasnt open 24/7, its like 12-12 during the week, fri-sat 12-4 or 5..

the first week, he let everybody play for free, and the first timers there always got an hour for free.

he had speakers to start, but im pretty sure he switched to headphones and after 10 pairs of those broke, he did a volume lock and made them stay at a decent level so they wouldnt break anymore...

:happy: hope this gives a little insite.

if I play LAN... it has to be FPS... like :

1. counter-strike
2. medal of honor
3. RtCW

:)

charges ?

I dunno... say all night play = 10 bucks or whatever ?

that is fair coz they provide machines/network/accomodations et al...

:)

There's a local place here like this that is a computer repair/parts for sale/gaming lan shop. I've not really looked into it in depth, but I do know he's got all the standard games, charges ~$2/hour, but you can reserve it for a group(minimum is 4 people I think) and the hourly rate is discounted. They have decent hours, but will do groups at night on arrangement. Not a bad deal at all I think.

-Ryandor

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back