ISO to Zipdisk

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Graebob, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Graebob

Graebob Generally Random

Exactly what it says in the title really, I'm after some tech advice.

I'm trying to find a way of getting a 31mb debian netinst ISO image onto a zipdisk so i can boot another boxen to install it.

Standard CD burning software doesnt seem to be cutting it. Any ideas? :confused:

2. Ohzopants

Ohzopants My mom thinks I'm cool

don't you have a burner?
    I'd be surpirsed if you actually could install linux from a zipdisk anyway.

3. Graebob

Graebob Generally Random

nope i dont, i think i'm probly the last person who doesn't. i can't see any reason why not, if the mobo supports booting from zipdisk, just wondered if you could ^_^

4. cryogenic

cryogenic OSNN Addict

use winimage to extract the ISO's contents to the zip disk? as far as getting it to boot, that'd be a bit more interesting, as I'm not sure it could/would read the boot record in the ISO properly. I normally use daemon tools to open ISO's, but that mounts them as a virtual CD ROM drive

5. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

I have a Knoppix image that'll boot from any device - pretty sure if bios permit then that could be zip drive .... but the questioj in my mind is - why?

6. Graebob

Graebob Generally Random

the only reason i wondered was because i didn't want to steal a CD from any of my Cd-Burner owning housemates. Seems it's more difficult than not so i'll get someone else to burn it.

thanks anyway ^_^