Is Your Child Downloading from P2P Sites?

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
Here is something mildly entertaining, did the scan on my system, results below.

A free download called Parent File Scan is the latest weapon in the Motion Picture Association of America's efforts to curb P2P file sharing.

The software, from DtecNet Software Apps, scans a PC and searches out P2P file sharing applications. It also roots out music and video files. It then gives the user a comprehensive list of the files it turned up, along with the option of removing the software and media files. (You can select which files are deleted and which aren't.)

Read on...

http://www.respectcopyrights.org/parent_file_scan.html

ohohoh5ex.jpg

They sure showed me! It didn't detect any BT clients.. I have 2 on there.
If you want more fun filled entertainment browse through their site.

It detected my p2p but not all of my music/vid files. Dont think alot of parents will use this cause they prob wont know about it and dont really care about illegal programs/files.

Clever idea really, but I really don't see my mum or dad

a) caring.
or b) coming anywhere near my PC. I bought my first one in..<thinks> 1999.. e.g. 12 years old!

"Son, come help dad run this program to see what you have been illegally downloading"

I can see this happening.

Maybe after you load it and scan your system you should scan you system for ad ware. Ya never know whats in that thing. :rolleyes: :p

they seriously wasted their time coding that program lol, what 2 downloads so far?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back