Is it just me or is the NVIDIA control panel...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ray_gillespie, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Classic NVIDIA options

7 vote(s)
  2. Newer control panel based interface

1 vote(s)
  1. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Birmingham, UK
    a load of smeg?

I hate it. It makes everything far too many clicks away and generally feels like a lot more work just to get at the controls I want. Were they trying to emulate the ATi Control Centre?

Admittedly I have not tried the new drivers yet which supposedly have an updated version of it.

What does everyone else think? I've been meaning to get this off my chest ever since they were first introduced but I kept forgetting to mention it :dead:
  2. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Unless your using the Vista drivers you do have the option to use the classic control panel. Simply go View>Use Classic NVIDIA Control Panel. This option is not present in the drivers for Vista, well at least it wasn't the last time I ran Vista about a month-month and a half ago.

This is why I like NVIDIA better, at least they give us the option.
  3. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Copenhagen, Denmark
    The slightly improved style from today is slightly better than what was there, but still horrible and of no real benefit taking it out of the advanced section it was in.

ATI's Catalyst control center is really nice though.
  4. epk

epk Moderator Political User Folding Team

Buenos Aires
    i've not tried the lastest one but the "new" nvidia control panel sucks... too flashy and less straightforward than the classic..

i use it just cos profiles don't work with the classic view in my driver version
  5. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Placerville, CA
    try using it offers more options than the nvidia control panel, and it is a lot more simplified
  6. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    Eh, CCC has only been really nice over the last couple of releases.

Previously it was crap.

I just like the fact that the previews are better and the damn thing loads in the blink of an eye, rather than half an hour like before.
  7. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

New York
    Saz is right. But, with that said, CCC is nice (now); better than Nvidia's offering.
  8. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

California, USA
    I second this, for game profile and global driver quality settings this is a much faster and more organized way to go about changing settings. Unfortunatly if you need to change any of the many other settings the Nvidia Control Panels covers you will have to deal with it. :mad:

I'm hot linking the above image, so it may or may not show up. Its taken from Nhancers home page.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  9. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

New York
    Yup I found it weird at first but yeah you can switch back if you like. Im using it at the moment though.
    If the poll had an option for 'doesnt really bother' me then that would be my choice but I can see the point of the thread starter liking the old view. :)

oohh thanks for this zeke_mo.