Intetnet Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by deathy, Mar 15, 2002.

1. deathy

deathy Guest

Lo, i have problems with internet.

i use mirc and for some reason i cant dcc send i can recieve.

also programs like msn, icq etc i cant recieve/send files at all

is there a fix or a solution for this????

2. Lactic.Acid

Lactic.Acid Guest

Using connection sharing? You'll need to set up some PAT or NAT then (port/network address translation). Using a firewall? Try turning it off. Does it work now? You have your answer then. If neither of these help, how about some details about your setup?
    /Lactic

3. deathy

deathy Guest

i had the problem before i evend installed firewall

and can you tell what to do with the other cos i dont understand that never done it :)

4. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

how is your comp setup and how are you connecting to the net?, what firewall do you use now? and did you make sure to turn off XP's default firewall?

5. deathy

deathy Guest

how is your comp setup and how are you connecting to the net?, what firewall do you use now? and did you make sure to turn off XP's default firewall?

1 Server - 3 Comps Connected Via Hub
    All running Xp
    Using ICS
    Firewall doesnt Matter
    No Xp Firewall

Server Ip - 192.168.0.1
    3 Machines - 192.168.0.??

Deathy

6. Lactic.Acid

Lactic.Acid Guest

where's your external connection in all this? Do you have a modem, DSL, T1, what...and is it connected to a computer running the ICS? (This is what I assume...) or is it plugged into your hub? Do these connections work from the "host" computer (directly connected)? Are you using Microsoft's ICS? Or a third party app.
    /Lactic

7. deathy

deathy Guest

where's your external connection in all this? Do you have a modem, DSL, T1, what...and is it connected to a computer running the ICS? (This is what I assume...) or is it plugged into your hub? Do these connections work from the "host" computer (directly connected)? Are you using Microsoft's ICS? Or a third party app

Im using Btinternet ADSL, whcih is directly connected into a server machine, running microsoft ICS, and it doesnt work when directly connected to the server machine.