It seems like after an extended amount of time using the internet it progressively gets slower. After some investigating and using the netstat command, I find that a lot of sockets are in use and are either in TIME_WAIT or are LISTENING or open for no apparent reason. Is there any program or method that will clear this sockets and make them available for use again. I find also that after maybe 3 or 4 days I will get No Socket Errors. A reboot, and a reconnection to the Internet will fix this problem but I'm thinking there might be a program out there to alleviate this problem. I'm just wondering how some people have ridiculous uptimes and not run into this issue.