Internet Explorer Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by royalstud02, Jan 20, 2003.

1. royalstud02

royalstud02 Guest

I am having a problem with windows media player. I try to play mpg or mpeg and it says im missing mplapx.dll and cpuinf32.dll. I've already searched for the .dll's on the internet and can't find them. Is there a way to fix this problem? Is there a way to just uninstall windows media player? If not, how do I uninstall internet explorer?

Thanks

2. yoyo

yoyo _________________

You can't uninstall Internet Explorer or Media Player. You could repair IE, but this will probably not fix it. Seems the problem is caused by Ulead Video Wave or another Ulead product. You can find something about it here: http://www.thegline.com/win2k/issues/2001/30.html. I must however admit that I didn't completely understand the solution given. May be however a starting point for further investigation.

3. royalstud02

royalstud02 Guest

I have heard that you can do it by typing in commands in dos, is this true?

4. yoyo

yoyo _________________

5. royalstud02

royalstud02 Guest

hmm, well I don't have any ulead software on my computer. do you have any other ideas? or somewhere i could go to on the web that might know?

6. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Do search Google/Groups for mplapx.dll. You will get about 150 results. See if there is something that applies to you. You can download both files from www.dll-files.com. They are both not Windows or Windows Media Player files, so reinstalling any Windows components will have no effect.

7. zalood

zalood OSNN Addict

It's so strange . . I made a search and found cpuinf32.dll in my scanning program folders, no mplapx.dll found, but I can play mpg with WMP.

8. yoyo

yoyo _________________

I have cpuinf32.dll in my Ulead PhotoImpact and in MGI/videowave folders, no mplapx.dll either anywhere and also no problems playing mpgs.