internet dies

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by canadian_divx, Dec 17, 2002.

1. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

my internet keeps dieing on me and i dont really want to call them to get them to help becaue they want to know too much on what i am doing, is there any way for me to find out what is going on, i ahve checked there service time list to see if they were working on my part but there is nothing and other people that i know that are useing the same ISP are fine, any ideas???

2. Jahya

Jahya Guest

What exactly is it that you are doing that you do not want them to know about? Nevermind, I don't want to know.

What type of connection do you have?

Is your modem dying? NIC?

Do you have some sort monthly or per session transfer limit (for example: I have a 5gb upload limit per session, when I hit 5gb up, my connection drops and has a 3 minute delay before I can reconnect --- I guess this is supposed to be a punishment?)?

Basically.....

You may have to talk to them if you are on dial-up/dsl because it may be a problem with the phone line. I guess the same goes for cable.....

And finally, if you do need to talk to them, you don't really have to tell them everything. Just tell them enough to get them to test the line.

3. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

i the one thing they dont need to know is that it is uncapped fromt here end, this has not happened before with it dieing a lot, i am going through a router and my nic is set up too 200mb/s (100txfull deplex) the line is perfict i have the tech to check that tanks to my dad, ( he uncapped the line from work) but i just need to know if there is anything that might do it