Intel chipset software question?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by fantasi, Oct 18, 2004.

1. fantasi

fantasi My Yngy is My HoneY! Folding Team

hi there, i fix quite a lot of computers and im not really familar with the intel chipset software. yes yes i am an AMD user so i dont come accross this one alot, but when i do get p4's, some of them do require them. My question is, can i use like version 6.0.*.* for any motherboard since its like the latest? my friends say that u cant because its not supported on different chipsets like via or sis or rather? i dunno well i thought that the higher the version, the more emm compatible it is with older chipsets. i come to this conclusion like the video card drivers like forceware where it even supports the old tnt2 cards. Am i right? some one clearify for me pls.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Is the Chipset needed?. You will find everything there. Not hard to navigate around.

It is suppose to be loaded directly after a format for optimal use.

IntelĀ® Application Accelerator look here for supported chipsets.

Not long ago Intel said my 850E chip did not need the chipset sostware. Now they say I do.

I only use the application accelerator & have not had any issues.

fantasi likes this.
  3. fantasi

fantasi My Yngy is My HoneY! Folding Team

so does that mean if a mobo needs like a version 5.*.* can i use the version 6.*.* as it is newer? or is it because each mobo is different and it is really spefic?