Intel chipset software question?

fantasi

My Yngy is My HoneY!
hi there, i fix quite a lot of computers and im not really familar with the intel chipset software. yes yes i am an AMD user so i dont come accross this one alot, but when i do get p4's, some of them do require them. My question is, can i use like version 6.0.*.* for any motherboard since its like the latest? my friends say that u cant because its not supported on different chipsets like via or sis or rather? i dunno well i thought that the higher the version, the more emm compatible it is with older chipsets. i come to this conclusion like the video card drivers like forceware where it even supports the old tnt2 cards. Am i right? some one clearify for me pls.

Is the Chipset needed?. You will find everything there. Not hard to navigate around.

It is suppose to be loaded directly after a format for optimal use.

Intel® Application Accelerator look here for supported chipsets.

Not long ago Intel said my 850E chip did not need the chipset sostware. Now they say I do.

I only use the application accelerator & have not had any issues.

so does that mean if a mobo needs like a version 5.*.* can i use the version 6.*.* as it is newer? or is it because each mobo is different and it is really spefic?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back