Intel Anypoint Wireless II Network USB Adapter

• Thread starter TechSupport
  • Start date
T

TechSupport

When I try to install the device on this PC (WinXP Pro SP1, Celery 1.3ghz, 512mb ram), it says the device cannot be started. I have downloaded the latest drivers from Intel's Anypoint website but it doesnt work.

Any ideas? If you need more information, let us know and I'll supply it. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation at all.

note: it didnt work on WinXP without SP1 either.

Hi,

I cannot say for sure this will solve the problem, but one problem I noticed with the anypoint II hardware was that it never really worked properly or consistently held a network connection for me until I turned off the wireless zero configuration service on XP machines. Then after that everything worked and continues to work just fine.

Maybe this will help.

Regards,
Grfx Guru

hi,

thx for the advice... im gonna go try that now :p

bbs with an update

** update **

no joy :( i still get the "device cannot start" error (which is becoming VERY annoying lol)

ive even rebooted the system but to no success :/

ill leave the service off as nothing else runs through the PC which uses 802.11 apart from that intel anypoint heap of garbage :mad:

Hi,

Sorry to hear still no joy, I tried uninstalling my devices to see if I could replicate your problem but could not. Only other suggestion is one you have probably tried and that is to check the intel support. I guess there is always the possibility that the hardware is faulty.

Sorry could not be more help.
Regards,
Grfx Guru.

aye, ive looked through intel support... i couldnt see anything that could help me.

ive thought about the device being faulty, although the funny thing about it all is that the laptop actually finds the wireless network connection but it doesnt actually work properly - i think its mainly because of the "device cannot start" error i keep getting... which is strange because if it cannot start, i cant help wondering how the laptop can actually find the PC :/

very strange :(

The only other thought I have is the one you have probably checked and that is anything conflicting with the device configuration.

Regards,
Grfx Guru

i looked into device conflicts... and i cannot see anything that might cause a problem.

in the BIOS though, I see "legacy support for USB" is enabled... is that right? i thought legacy was related to MS-DOS and therefore doesnt have to be on with WinXP?

I don't know about the BIOS and legacy settings but that would seem logical that it was not needed. I don't know if this relates to your problem thought.

Regards,
Grfx Guru

i turned legacy usb support to disabled but to no success :(

becoming a bit annoying now lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back