Installing windows Xp issues

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Brando457, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Brando457

Brando457 Guest

When installing windows xp professional I get the press any key to boot from cd, and then it says setup is inspecting your hardware after that it goes to a blank black screen and just sits there, I let it go for about 10 mins and came back and still the same. Anyone have any idea ?

2. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

lots of ideas but you dont want to hear from me... :p

3. Brando457

Brando457 Guest

well if they're logical and not just some half wit answer i ll take the advice. but if you're gonna tell me check my ram or cpu i will be pissed

4. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

maybe you should check your ram or cpu... but that wouldnt be my first suggestion

5. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Set your bios to default settings. Hit the delete key during boot or whatever key your MB uses. Go through the various menus until you find something that says - set to factory defualts, or safe settings, etc. Then select that.

If that doesn't work and you have a really old machine (before 2000) you may need to update your bios.

Once you get everything running and all the latest MB drivers loaded under XP then you cna go back to bios and turn on the performance settings and fancy stuff.

6. Brando457

Brando457 Guest

machine is new

7. Ignition

Ignition OSNN Junior Addict

I got the same problem when my old boot harddrive broke...

8. Brando457

Brando457 Guest

did replacing the hds fix it ?

9. Is your windows XP CD in your drive? take it out and then reboot the computer.

EDIT: Oh sorry, you are trying to install. I thought after you installed Windows XP Pro, you left your disc in the drive causing what you described. My mistake. :eek: