Installing Style-XP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by tejb1x, Jul 22, 2002.

1. tejb1x

tejb1x Guest

All of a sudden when i try to install Style-XP it has a source error in D:/ then the path to the dir. It stops at about 2 ticks, i tried rebooting whatever, just perminently wont let me install Style-Xp, any ideas?

2. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

expired

guess it expired read something about that on here seems it has to do with a crack /patch and after some time it dies and you wont be able to reinstall it guess you need to go and buy a copy or just use the hacked .dll you will get your themes working but no fancy GUI like with stylexp

here use this replace your .dll in windows system 32 with this one rename the old on to .bak add this one reboot go back and remove the .bak and it is done

3. tejb1x

tejb1x Guest

Eh, this UxTheme.dll does what exactly? allows me to install Style-XP, or something else?

4. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

themes work

will allow you to use your style xp themes without having stylexp installed so your fancy themes will still work

5. tejb1x

tejb1x Guest

Re: themes work

how do i install those "fancy themes" now without style xp?

6. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

Unpack the files into c:\windows\resources\themes\ and double click the .msstyles file

JJB6486

7. tejb1x

tejb1x Guest

Thanks a lot guys, only problem now is the theme i want is in the Style XP program and i cant find it anywhere else, it's the Community - Style-XP white/crescent style, anyone know where i can find it? This silver XP skin sucks ****

8. tejb1x

tejb1x Guest

double clicking it isnt working :/