Installed a DVD player need help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by oneshot, Dec 24, 2002.

1. oneshot

oneshot Guest

I have a 650 MHZ PIII.

The specs of the DVD player say it is good from 350MHZ and up.

Trying to make this machine work better, surfing the web and playing some Jump Start games for my four year old. I installed more memory and upgraded to Winxp. I wanted to make it so she could watch DVDs on this machine.

I didn't think I would have a problem but I don't have a great graphics card and it has on board sound.

The motherboard is a Biostar "M6VCG".

The thing works but there is a jerkyness, almost like the processor is not fast enough.

The plans are to upgrade the motherboard and cpu and use all the other hardware.

I'm just wondering is there any thing else I'm missing or not doing correctly. or are there any other suggestions?

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Try using some older DVD Software such as PowerDVD 3 or WinDVD 3... the specs have increased along with the newer version.

I had Cinemaster99 working great on a pentium 266.

3. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

most likely the vid card sucks get a better one

[​IMG]

4. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Try Win DVD 3.0, or older versions, that require less power.

But most likely it is the graphics card. Need a better one :)

5. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Get a better Vid Card. G Force 3 nothing more than that I think is needed.

Depends on yer finances. :)

6. oneshot

oneshot Guest

Thanks for the help I've been trying to find a copy of an earlier version of a dvd decoder not much luck yet. I will get a new video card and a new mobo and a new processor EVENTUALLY!!!!!!!

Thanks again

7. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

When I play DVD:s in PowerDVD (came with the drive) the movie gets all jerky and strange. When I play them in Abit SiluroDVD (came with the gfx card) all is fine. So try another player.

8. iowaboy

iowaboy old person

You may try FusionSoft DVD Player www.fwnetwork.com/decription/fsdvdplayer.html it is free and I hear works very well. I found it posted on another forum and am going to give it a try on the kids computer that I just put in an oem dvd drive that did not come with software.