Input devices - Advice

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Abbadon2001, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Abbadon2001

Abbadon2001 OSNN Addict

Im looking to buy a new keyboard and mouse combo over the summer once i get a bit of cash together, but im unsure what to go for as of yet. Ive owned a logitech cordless optical for the last 3 years and found it very good (its their first cordless optical offering). I will probably stick to logitech but im always open to other manufacturers if their is a benefit. I was looking at the DiNovo from logitech, does anyone have this setup? Also the next one down with the regular cordless keyboard in black.

Comments/Advice/Recommendations on a postacrd please :)

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

3. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

4. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

Microsoft makes some nice peripherals too - their office optical wireless set is a certain degree of nice, I'd say - plus the new combo saves alot of battery juice, has a tilt wheel for horizontal scrolling, etc - good stuff all around, I'd say :)

5. Abbadon2001

Abbadon2001 OSNN Addict

Has anyone experienced the microsoft mouse with the wheel without up or down "clicks" as it were? ive heard it cn be a bit of a pain in games and the like, or for scrolling web based form choices?

6. muzikool

I can see how that might be a problem, because they do seem to be pretty sensitive. I'm all for Logitech personally.

7. Abbadon2001

Abbadon2001 OSNN Addict

Yeah ive been swayed to logitech usually - just because i like the shape more of the mice primarily. Anyone else got favourite keyboard/muse setups?

8. Shrek

Shrek Kenya believe it...

I have got a MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 which doesn't have the clicks on the mouse wheel. I think it's a really nice mouse to use apart from it's a bit of a pain changing weapons in FPS games as its quite easy to go straight past the weapon you want, as the wheel is so sensitive even on the lowest setting. But I mainly use the number keys anyway, so it's not really a problem for me but might be for other people.

9. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

I have the same mouse, and personally the non-click-ness is a plus... I find it like making sweet love every time I scroll something (lol) -- not actually, but it's nice. The only problem I have with it is that when I am on another computer, that has the clicks, it drives me insane. INSANE.

10. Abbadon2001

Abbadon2001 OSNN Addict

i didnt really like it when i tried one - i use alot of web based forms etc.. and find the lack of clicks annoying if im doing the form quickly, when ive used one of those. personal preference i guess!

11. muzikool

It really is all about personal preference. I can tell you which one I'd get, but that doesn't mean it's the right one for you. If you can try-out all of your options, then I would definitely do that.

12. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Exactly...I don't have a specific brand-preference between MS and Logitech. In fact, I use a Logitech cordless optical mouse with my desktop at home, and a Microsoft Intellimouse optical mouse with my laptop. They're both excellent products. No complaints.
    [​IMG]