Input devices - Advice

Abbadon2001

OSNN Addict
Im looking to buy a new keyboard and mouse combo over the summer once i get a bit of cash together, but im unsure what to go for as of yet. Ive owned a logitech cordless optical for the last 3 years and found it very good (its their first cordless optical offering). I will probably stick to logitech but im always open to other manufacturers if their is a benefit. I was looking at the DiNovo from logitech, does anyone have this setup? Also the next one down with the regular cordless keyboard in black.

Comments/Advice/Recommendations on a postacrd please :)

Microsoft makes some nice peripherals too - their office optical wireless set is a certain degree of nice, I'd say - plus the new combo saves alot of battery juice, has a tilt wheel for horizontal scrolling, etc - good stuff all around, I'd say :)

Has anyone experienced the microsoft mouse with the wheel without up or down "clicks" as it were? ive heard it cn be a bit of a pain in games and the like, or for scrolling web based form choices?

I can see how that might be a problem, because they do seem to be pretty sensitive. I'm all for Logitech personally.

Yeah ive been swayed to logitech usually - just because i like the shape more of the mice primarily. Anyone else got favourite keyboard/muse setups?

Abbadon2001 said:
Has anyone experienced the microsoft mouse with the wheel without up or down "clicks" as it were? ive heard it cn be a bit of a pain in games and the like, or for scrolling web based form choices?

I have got a MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 which doesn't have the clicks on the mouse wheel. I think it's a really nice mouse to use apart from it's a bit of a pain changing weapons in FPS games as its quite easy to go straight past the weapon you want, as the wheel is so sensitive even on the lowest setting. But I mainly use the number keys anyway, so it's not really a problem for me but might be for other people.

Shrek said:
I have got a MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 which doesn't have the clicks on the mouse wheel. I think it's a really nice mouse to use apart from it's a bit of a pain changing weapons in FPS games as its quite easy to go straight past the weapon you want, as the wheel is so sensitive even on the lowest setting. But I mainly use the number keys anyway, so it's not really a problem for me but might be for other people.

I have the same mouse, and personally the non-click-ness is a plus... I find it like making sweet love every time I scroll something (lol) -- not actually, but it's nice. The only problem I have with it is that when I am on another computer, that has the clicks, it drives me insane. INSANE.

i didnt really like it when i tried one - i use alot of web based forms etc.. and find the lack of clicks annoying if im doing the form quickly, when ive used one of those. personal preference i guess!

It really is all about personal preference. I can tell you which one I'd get, but that doesn't mean it's the right one for you. If you can try-out all of your options, then I would definitely do that.

Exactly...I don't have a specific brand-preference between MS and Logitech. In fact, I use a Logitech cordless optical mouse with my desktop at home, and a Microsoft Intellimouse optical mouse with my laptop. They're both excellent products. No complaints.
smile.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back