Improve forum !

Discussion in 'Site Problems & Feedback' started by Cosmin, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

I want to post a new ideea about improving the forum aspect :
    1) at every sheet should be an icon such as : Internet & ... = the Internet Explorer icon , Hardware = a motherboard or something else and so on . . .
    2) at every sheet should be an admin ( on right listed as a table or.. ) wich will delete all the posts that are boring and so on . . .

Hope this will become true .. any suggestions ?

2. wyrlwyn

wyrlwyn Guest

and the updated forum pages at the top of the main page are great, but can you have the user icons up there as well, so i can see right from the start page if anyone has replyed to posts i've made(personal type thing)

3. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

at every sheet should be an icon such as : Internet & ... = the Internet Explorer icon , Hardware = a motherboard or something else and so on . . .

Interesting idea, I will think about how it could be integrated then perhaps suggest it to waddy. Make the forums look funky.

at every sheet should be an admin ( on right listed as a table or.. ) wich will delete all the posts that are boring and so on . . .

There a quite a few moderators per forum and it would mean anyone without a widescreen monitor would suffer as well as those folks running at 800x600. We hate side scrolling. But... you can view the forum moderators at the top of each secion or we got a rundown here: http://www.xp-erience.org/forum/showgroups.php?s=

the updated forum pages at the top of the main page are great, but can you have the user icons up there as well, so i can see right from the start page if anyone has replyed to posts i've made(personal type thing)

Once again this is all down to horizontal scrolling may be able to integrate something in a few weeks such as a mouse-overdescription, but...

Hope this will become true .. any suggestions ?

waddy is very limited on his time, hence having four newsposters now. He does finish his course and have more freetime soon, so the forum may be customised there as well as perhaps a few more cosmetic fixes... we will have to wait and see ;)

5. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Who is to decide this, Cosmin? I have seen some of your posts.

6. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Re: Re: Improve forum !

LMAO touche X

7. Electronic Punk

I decide

mhwahhahahahahah

8. xsivforce

You are the "Goderator" ;)

9. Electronic Punk

erm

another jam from the miracle maker, wizard of the word, mc punkinator.

10. waddy

waddy OSNN Senior Addict

LOL punkinator

When i finish exams I will be working some more on things, at the moment i am very busy

11. LightWave

LightWave OSNN Addict

hmmm

interresting idea.. but what about loading times with all those neat icons.. i mean if the site is hammered with 500-600 users... 56Kbps users.. will scratch their heads.. its exactly the same when posting gifs images @ the front page... 2 many the site will be slower..

LightWave

12. xsivforce

Exactly...it's all about the speed.

13. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Just fine at this moment but i wait waddy's changes ..

14. Electronic Punk

Re: hmmm

Sure I Can whip up soem cool icons that will be optimised @ less than 10k, not really an issue, is just a matter of what and also how it will look after waddy gets some more time...

15. xsivforce

I will offer any help if needed.

16. wyrlwyn

wyrlwyn Guest

i mean the user cp, register, calender, members and such bars at the top of the screen(below the crucial ad) but have them at the start page(xp-erience.org) other then that, theres not much else thats worth changing, maybe a link to previous news updates like for daily or monthly...

17. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Another one

And another suggestion for this site :
    At those excellent news should exist a box with a number of users that accessed that ( so far .. ) information . In this way we can decide if that information was with success inserted ! Excellent ideea , hm ? :rolleyes: