images not loading in I.E

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Dr3w, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Dr3w

Dr3w Guest

I have been noticing lately that everynow and again when i go to a website like a forum, a lot of the symbols/ icons (like new thread, etc) dont load and i just get placeholders. If i refresh, or right click and show picture it will load.

Any idea why, or how to fix this?

I am using xp pro with sp1

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

I've got the same problem. I just started using xp's firewall a week or so ago. When I remember I'm going to turn it off & see what happens.

3. Dr3w

Dr3w Guest

i have it off already, but i do connect through a router- maybe this could be my problem

4. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

I've got the same problems...noticed after installing SP1. Anyone else notice the coincidence??

5. brak

brak Guest

Same thing here. Started after installing SP1.

6. -[xs]-mirage

-[xs]-mirage Guest

yep i feel your pain.. i had the same problem..
    it just pisses me off a bit,
    time to return to the safety and stabilty of Mandrake/Redhat

:p

peace

7. bluekelt

bluekelt Guest

Hi all,

I am 99% certain this is related to SP1. This problem was happening on my PC which had SP1 but wasn't on my Laptop that hadn't been updated. As soon as I installed SP1 on the Laptop the same thing started happening there.

I know that not everyone with SP1 has been getting this problem and was wondering if there is something else that is causing this too such as a combination of SP1 and a certain type of net connection or network setup.

I have cable broadband and a shared internet connection through a basic home network.

Catch you all later,
    Blue

8. PC-Dude

PC-Dude Guest

I get this problem all the time because my Satellite internet connection just plain sucks, but it doesn't seem to be any worse than it was before SP1. However it's hard for me to tell. :(

9. Safiyyah

Safiyyah Guest

I think it is the combination of SP1 and a certain type of net connection or network setup, coz I don't have this prob :cool:

10. Alan

Alan its only fun

Yep the same here after the install of sp1:confused:

[​IMG]

11. Dr3w

Dr3w Guest

i got this reply from overclockers.com forums

hope it helps

12. Alan

Alan its only fun

Thx Dr3w,

Will give it a try and see how it goes.;)

Alan

[​IMG]

13. bluekelt

bluekelt Guest

Also thanx Dr3w,

Will try that out too. Problem isn't the end of the world but a little annoying at times.

Catch you all later,
    Blue

14. stealer

stealer Guest

This is a known problem for those who upgraded to sp1. I bet you all have Norton antivirus on your systems. I also bet you you never shut it down before you upgraded to sp1. You MUST shut it down first. If this is the case you must delete sp1, reboot, disable norton and then install sp1.

Hope this helps.
    Stealer

15. Hipster Doofus

Nope none of that applies to me. I'm running avg & sp1 was loaded freah from a slipstreamed cd. Ah well it's only a minor irritation.

16. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

ha...believe this...I still have not downloaded sp1...waiting to get home.

anyway, it's possible spi corrupted the temp internet files, just delete them and see if that helps

17. Hipster Doofus

Nope that don't do it either. :( It's such a minor thing but irritating.

18. Dr3w

Dr3w Guest

I 100% agree, its sych a small issue so easliy solved (hit refresh) but is really annoying :mad:

Have u tried to look on microsofts site for help? There seems to be a fair few ppl with this problem- im sure SOMEONE will have found a fix