Image Hosting

Discussion in 'Site Problems & Feedback' started by kcnychief, Jul 21, 2005.

1. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I have a question, and if this is the wrong place to post, please *slap* me :)

I have created GPO Threads in the Windows Server area, and have posted screen shots for other topics. My question being, should I look into off-site hosting of my pics? I don't really want to pull any of them down because it might help someone in the future?

I know that probably answers my own question, but I read in the Signature guidelines not to link off of the osnn forum. So I figured I would ask first...

2. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

*slap* :p

Not really sure what you're asking :s

3. kcnychief

heheh.....

Well, I noticed that when you are uploading attachments there is a limit of how much your OSNN space can hold, and eventually if I don't delete any pictures that space will fill. If I am posting pictures relative to my post, and since the archives are searchable, I don't want to delete my pictures. So, I was basically asking if it was either A-possible to have my space upgraded, or B-if it's ok to link to pictures outside of OSNN.

In the announcements, http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=34

It says not to link your sig or avatar off of OSNN, ha, but I just re-read it and it says I can use other hosting companies. Nevermind, I guess a slap is in order :)

4. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

The link off OSNN means dont use OSNN as a source for hosting pics. Like dont use http://forum.osnn.net/avatars/avatar9285_1.gif on another site/forum.

I asked that before (thru a private message) since I too wasnt sure what it meant.

kcnychief likes this.
  5. kcnychief

Thanks for the clarification