Iis

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Khayman, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Does anyone know if you can get Internet Information Services (IIS) or PWS for XP, and if so where?

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

They are on the windows XP CD, after you install winxp, run the cd again or just goto add/remove programs then on the left choose windows components and there is an option for IIS :)

hope this helps

3. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Is this on Home ed?, cause I can't see it

4. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Sadly no =o( IIS is included in Win2k pro and also Win XP pro....you might try getting a copy of win xp pro and seeing if maybe it will allow you to add it as a component from there, but i'm kind of pulling that out of my butt so don't quote me on it...

You might wanna look around microsoft and see if IIS is availible as an add on for home but I kind of doubt it sorry man =o(

5. MiseryQ

MiseryQ Guest

Theres always Apache...

It not as easy to configure, I think, But theres people who love it...

6. Akash

Akash OSNN Senior Addict

i Use Apache in XP and only recentl;y installed IIS because of ASP...

www.xitami.com is another one and is easy to configre

7. jfrayzier

jfrayzier Guest

How is Apache on XP? I was using Apache on my Linux box for a bit... I liked it, but Linux is a pain to 'figure. I'm using IIS right now on my XP Pro machine, however, it's IIS Professional, which only allows for 10 simultanious connections. I am thinking about getting a server edition. I do like that you can run your own SMTP server, though.

On each of my email accounts I have the SMTP server set up as 127.0.0.1 rather than my ISP's server. :)