IE Window Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by alloy25, Feb 22, 2003.

1. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

When I go to open another window from an existing one it just seems to hang there doing nothing...why???

I'm running norton internet security 2003 ,NAV 2003 pro, Getright, Trillian pro, RBTray...etc

PLZ Help me :(

Alloy25

2. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

the windows im trying to open r java somethings......would there be a setting in the pic that i have accidently turned off that would be the problem??????

3. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

The files are called Java scripts and they dont do anything wen i open the window to display them....they just hang at the start and thats it....Wat do i need to do to make them work again????

Alloy25 :(

4. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Not exactly sure if this is the problem, but Java and Javascript are different things. For Javascript you must have 'active scripting' enabled in Internet Options. The setting is under the security tab, Internet zone.
    And check if you don't have a firewall or popup blocker that blocks javascript.
    Perhaps you can provide an example link to a site where the problem occurs, so that others can see what might be going on.

5. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

All the options in internet options are as you suggested but the problem is still there....
    This is a link it doesnt work on htp://serials.thebugs.ws/pages/T/6.shtml

I have never had this problem with my firewall(NIS 2003) before and i am not running a Popup stopper........

It doesnt work on all other sites I go to that requires me to open a java script window..........in windows update , wen you press the link to goto office update , it will hang as well and i just stop it then press go and it works....

Doesn't do hat in java script windows though....no option to do that....

I'm also running winXP sp1 and I have all the updates for Internet Explorer sp1........

Alloy25

6. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

I am not able to open any windows now without having to click the stop button and then the refresh button........

PLZ HELP ME :mad: :(

Alloy25

7. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

Have you looked into the settings in the Java applet in Control Panel?

Another option would be to 'Repair' Internet Explorer....this can be done through the Add/Remove Programs applet.

8. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

Sorry teddy but can you give a step by step on how to do that as im not real up with this comp stuff yet...:eek:

Thnx

Alloy25:(

9. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

10. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

Thank you Teddy for your elp.......I had to re-install IE 6 and it seems to have fixed the problem.......So far !!!!

Thanx again
    Alloy25 :)

11. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

No problem. Anything for an Ozzie!...should be going there this year for a big long stay!

12. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

Sweet ....E-mail me wen you get to Queensland and we'll chat...

Alloy25 :cool: