IE SP1 graphic display problem

L

looopy

After upgrading to SP1, I noticed that when visiting some websites, some pictures were not loaded even though they exist, anyone else have the same problem?

OR!!!

Use a superior web browser...

Mozilla for instance... =)

err -Hipster - what are those two cylindrical things in the picture??? I thought Henyman's cow got the heave ho for that?:eek:

Hipster Doofus ya better get rid of that "SIG" before EP gets ya.

Seems that someone screwed with the source. Weird. :confused:

I am having the same problem. And yes I do have DAP installed. I have tried restoring the defaults thing suggested above will have to see if that has helped.

Restoring the defaults did not solve the problem. I tried Opera, it can show all pictures but the page layout is a bit weird, but still better than Mozilla. I have DAP installed but not integrated into any of the browsers, could that be a problem?

And what's interesting is that the problem only occurs in certain website. In pcworld.com, none of the top menu images is shown; in pcmag.com, all the menu images on the left are shown; in espn.com, 13 images are not shown, the rest are. CNN.com is fine except the images on the top ad bar, this website is fine; etc.

Yeah restoring defaults did not help me at all either. My problem is mostly with little icons in forums. The kind that show if there are new posts and things like that. If I right click them and select show picture they all appear.

It's an intermittent problem that many people are having since installing SP1. In my case, the red "x's" are easily replaced with the proper images by a reload of the page. Some people have other image problems with IE.

It's all over the message boards and I guess SP2 will take care of it. ;)

And what's interesting is that the problem only occurs in certain website. In pcworld.com, none of the top menu images is shown; in pcmag.com, all the menu images on the left are shown; in espn.com, 13 images are not shown, the rest are. CNN.com is fine except the images on the top ad bar, this website is fine; etc.

I tried your examples . Every image showed up, as long as I have my firewall (NortonIS with activated ad-blocker) disabled. If I enable it again and refresh the page some images are gone. The image-URL in most of these cases contain something like 'ad.doubleclick' or '..popup..'. So my suspect is that the installation of SP1 might have changed or reset the configuration of adblocking-software you are running.

The minute I install DAP on XP with SP1, the image glitch happens. I have written the makers of DAP but they have yet to find a solution. The only way for this glitch to disappear is to uninstall DAP and then use System Restore to restore to a point before the DAP installation.

Originally posted by Conan
The only way for this glitch to disappear is to uninstall DAP and then use System Restore to restore to a point before the DAP installation.

Are you saying that just uninstall DAP wouldn't work?

Edit: I solved the problem by disabling Norton Firewall, now everything shows up. So I guess Norton should release a patch soon regarding this.

FIX - IE6 SP1 Small Image Load Problems

Generally, the SP1 upgrade was flawless... unless you happen to be one of the poor souls using Norton Internet Security 2002 and IE6. The JPGs and GIFs would get iffy about loading. You ended up with a lot of the red X placekeepers on Web pages while browsing. Microsoft's KB insisted you needed to check the "Show pictures" box in Tools | Internet Options | Advanced | Multimedia. And, of course, that WAS checked. I now use a router so don't need the Norton's Firewall. Dumping that cleared the problem for me. A forum contributor indicated that dumping Internet Security, installing SP1, and then reinstalling it had worked for them. Another contributor indicated that turning off the firewall from the configuration menu and then turning it back on worked for them. Regardless, the original challenge was connecting the loss of graphics to running Norton Internet Security at the time of the SP1 upgrade. Amazing how dumb pages look with buttons and slick graphics replaced with red Xs.

I don't if this will fix ur guys problem but read it and if u think it might do u some good go for otherwise keep workin at it.

OOOOoooooo who brought this back to haunt me???? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not mentioning any names but ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hipster -LMAO - perhaps not everyone will catch onto the meaning of your last reply!:D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back