IE Quits

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Khayman, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

I'm ahving a little issue with IE, it seems to just quit when surfing to some pages. Theres no error message or anything, it just quits. Sometimes it'll get to the site and load a bit then quit other times it will just quit.

Mainly i use Firebird as my browser but there are some sites that won't work in Firebird, most notably Windows Update. I have tried cleaning the temp internet files, but no luck. any other suggestions?

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Do you mean the application exits? or it just stops loading the page?

3. Khayman

it exits/closes/quits :)

Although on occasion it will just hang, but mostly with the quiting

4. Khayman

I seem to have found the problem, and that was KAV. Since this had only started happening recently and KAV is the only thing i've installed in the last few weeks. Uninstalled it, everything works fine....for now anyway :)

Back to NAV :p

5. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

Me love KAV, me hate NAV ;)
    I use it without problems, though KAV scans every page that loads in IE (I use IE, yes...)
    What version of KAV do you have ? Latest (4.5.0.94)? Because if you have an old KAV 4.5 version (don't know what builds...) and are running WinXP, there were known compatibility issues (I encountered them myself) with WinXP...

6. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

I knotice this with a couple of diff av and firewalls. Mainly ones that have web filtering integrated. If you goe to a site that has pop ups, it would at times just close the whole browser instead of just the pop ups.