IE no longer default browser???

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Ferral_Imp, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Ferral_Imp

Ferral_Imp Moderator

Ok when I went to log onto the internet today, I got a message asking whether I wanted to use IE as my default browser or not. This makes no sense to me cuz it is my default browser and I haven't made any changes to my computer since I used it late last night into the early morning. Even more befuddling is the fact that I ran Norton, Spybot, and Pest patrol after getting offline last night/this morning and nothing came up on any of them.

Was this just a system glitch or is something else up that I should be worried about? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. nagidar

nagidar OSNN Junior Addict

Go to Internet options...programs...at the bottom you can change whether IE checks if it is the default browser.

3. I shouldn't think its anything to worry about... probably just IE being silly.

P.s Thundercats rocks :D

4. dom02

dom02 OSNN Junior Addict

I wouldn't worry about it. But if it happanes again than it could be adware or spyware. Maybe try running adaware and spybot.

5. Ferral_Imp

Ferral_Imp Moderator

Thanks for the help everyone. I just got one more question. I checked under internet options under the program tag and the box next to where it says "Internet Explorer should check to see if is the default web browser" is unchecked. Is it supposed to be checked or doesn't it really have to?

<-----------total computer idiot