IE from xp

J

jimmill

Hi folks

Anyone have an idea why IE has suddenly stopped following links automatically. I can stop the new window and refresh. It works then.

Not changed my system recently. XP has worked OK for 6 months!

When I click a link within a page, it works just fine. If the link opens a new window, the computer seems not to look for the new page until I press the stop button and refresh - then it works. I have never seen anything like this before. Tried reinstalling explorer but the problems still occur.
Obviously if the new window has console formats (no menu etc) I can't do anything about it. The only change I can remember making is to dump an advert program to 'gator corp' or something like that.
Bizarre!

Help please!

Okay, I think I understand. Try this and see if it helps:

Go to START - RUN and type the following:

regsvr32 urlmon.dll (ENTER)

faulty exploring

Thanks for that Allan.

The computer reported a successful running of the programme but still no joy. I'm beginning to suspect that I may need to do a full re-install. I was thinking of clearing the decks in any case. However, if you can think of any other tricks I'll gladly try them

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back