IE crashing when clicking textbox

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by muzikool, Apr 24, 2003.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I'm working on a laptop at work right now, and IE crashes whenever I click on a textbox. It can be in a search engine, or on our authentication page... anywhere where there's a textbox. IE hangs for a few seconds and then closes with the error message. I'm getting ready to check for IE updates, but still, I've never seen this before. Can anyone help?

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

You could try this>

Start/Run/regsvr32 urlmon.dll (enter)

3. muzikool

Hipster, I'll give that a shot tomorrow at work and let you know if it worked. Thanks.

4. muzikool

Still no luck with this problem. I did what Hipster suggested, but that didn't do it. I installed Opera on the machine and it works fine, but IE still crashes. ??? :confused:

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Only other thing I got is to try & repair
    IE.

6. ntentz

ntentz FingerBanger

Hey i had this exact same issue about a month ago, I tried the repair and also uninstalling Ie 6 all that got me was a blank black screen when I booted up, after goin into safe mode and reinstalling 6 i had my icons back but problem was still there, after that happen twice i copyied what i needed from the c: and did a format and reinstall.... im sure this is just what you wanted to hear lol.
    Don