icon background transparent

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by mikeyworks, Aug 29, 2002.

1. mikeyworks

mikeyworks Guest

Hey guys/gals,

I'm just starting with XP and also with graphical arts (hobby) but I am having trouble making icons for my laptop. The problem that I run into is I can't seem to make the backround of the icon transparent.

For example, the icon is the VW symbol which is round, but when I make the icon, it saves a white background beind it in a square. I know IE doesn't have a background and it's round...how do I fix it?

Also, if anyone knows, is there an XP Volkswagen Theme available that is decent? The ones on the Official VW websites aren't up to snuf in my opinion. I guess I might have to make something.

Thanks,

Mikey

2. yoyo

yoyo _________________

You have to use a graphics application that supports transparency. My favorite is Axialis Iconworkshop, or Microangelo or you can do it with Photoshop and some others. If you dl the two first mentioned, one now and one in four weeks you have at least two months to make many icons.

For the VW-theme have a look here: http://www.screensandthemes.com/desktop-themes/vehicles/abc-v.asp (don't know if it is "decent" or Google)