Icon Arrow

N

Not Bman

Is there anyway you can remove the little arrow from the corner of the icon without using TweakUI?

You could always try replacing the icon from in shell32 (or wherever its stored) with a transparent icon

Try the following:

Code:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT] 

Type: REG_SZ 
Name: lnkfile \ InternetShortcut \ piffile 
Value: Delete “IsShortCut” from each key

If that doesn't do it, run a search for more.

i dont understand that where do i go in regedit? HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, i know.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/lnkfile/

Scroll down when you open HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.

I dont have that file. And I cant add it for some reason.

Here's how you can remove those shortcut arrows from your desktop icons in Windows XP.

1. Start regedit.
2. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTlnkfile
3. Delete the IsShortcut registry value.

You may need to restart Windows XP.

or:

"To remove the Shortcut Overlay, browse to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Lnkfile

Select the IsShortcut value name in the right hand pane and delete it.

You will need to Logoff/Logon to see the change."

Why cant you just use TweakUI?! ;)

How do I make a reg file that deletetes just that value and not the rest of the key?

Reason being is that I have a massive registry file that I merge after a new installation that disables unecessary services, changes all my settings how I like them, etc. and I want this to be a part of it.

That would be

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile]
"IsShortcut"=-

Btw removing the shortcut arrow this way can cause duplicate items in Explorers context menu. The TweakUI way of replacing the arrow overlay icon with a transparent one is far better.

Opps! I got confused. That's not what I want to do. I LIKE the arrow to differentiate between the real file and the shortcut. I want to get rid of "Shortcut to".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back