I want to get a lcd monitor, But.....

besides the obvious one of sheer number of crystals needed to display an image, a 19" LCD wont do resolutions higher than 1280x1024 if you want to go higer you need a bigger screen

Ok granted that MOST 19" will not display 1600x1200 those with the more expensive LCD Matrixes do. I work for a military contractor, doing system upgrades for their video tele-conference centers, so Im pretty up to date with all the best displayes both lcd and plasmas.

I can think of four 19" monitors that will do a 1600x1200 resolution.
infact mine which I bought almost a year ago and doing a white to black and back made a round trip in 24ms, too bad we still dont have a standard for measuring true response time, until we do, we must trust our manufacturers.

One such monitor: Princetons SENERGY981 not the best monitor mind you, but it will do 1600x1200 UXGA

that has a native resolution of 1280x1024 so its sampling down for 1600x1200. Although its nit-picking it still means you will get an inferior display to a screen that offers 1600x1200 native.

Its also more expensive than the Dell 2001FP 20.1" screen so theres not much point getting it (the SENERGY981 that is)

hehe you didnt specify a native resolution in your post... so NOW I can agree with you

Gave you rep too! You should specify especially when speaking about LCDs

I think it's a common sense sort of thing when talking about resolution size and LCDs that you want the highest Native Resolution possible. 19" monitors are only about 1280x1024.

Admittedly when you have a monitor that has a very nice resolution like that its great, but I dont know many people that use there monitor to the fullest of its potential anyway. We would all have headaches from straining to see the miniscule icos on our desktops...

Heh

I use 1600x1200 at home. Which is why I replaced m failing 21" CRT with the dell 2001FP same native resolution and I dont get headaches or eye strrain.

I use 1280x1024 at work on the 17" 25ms lcd. only becasue I have to unless I come up with the £400 to get a 2001FP on my desk :p

Yes, I use 1600x1200 on my 19" CRT at home, right next to it (What I use more) is my Dell 1905FP that is at 1280x1024 which is much less of a strain then the old 17" it replaced.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back