I recently ordered massive amounts of computer

My Athlon 2700+ runs very cool 34C and that with case temp at 46C its alot cooler than my Athlon 1800+ was ....... we are in a heat wav right now here its very hot and I am eyeing the temps all the time heck I did not even install my Vantec Fan and Heatsink I am using the stock ones that came with it :)

thats ok but keep in mind that this is without any dust whatsoever. In a few weeks, trust that the temp will rise 3-7 degrees. So, get the good thermal grease =]

you can get a program in order to monitor your temp on your desktop such as coolmon

here's a screenshot of mine, coolmon is all the info in the middle such as temps, hard drive space, network usage, etc...

*sorry I upped a zip file, I run my desktop at 1152 X 864 and I don't have access to hosting online

Mine comes with Pc Alert 4 and CoolerXP all my info is very easy to read at all time and I have a Vantec Aeroflow heat snk and fan handy if things get warm and lots of Arctic Silver 3 handy for when I pop of the fan and heatsink to clean which I do every so often ... I agree get the good stuff keep it handy :)

Originally posted by Kermit
My Athlon 2700+ runs very cool 34C and that with case temp at 46C its alot cooler than my Athlon 1800+ was ....... we are in a heat wav right now here its very hot and I am eyeing the temps all the time heck I did not even install my Vantec Fan and Heatsink I am using the stock ones that came with it :)

umm unless you have an ice cooled water rig with some form of fridge attached i think your temps are lying to you. sounds like the shite BIOS on my ASUS rig, trys telling me the chip internal diode is the same as room temp.

its thermal energy rating denotes its pysically impossible for a chip running 2.2 ghz to be less than room temp...

I think you need to have a closer look at that. :rolleyes:

Oh I was not aware there was a problem with that but thinking about it your right it would seem a little strange that I am below ambient temp .... I am like still on cloud nine you know a kid with a new toy ..... must say I am like so impressed by the Nforce2 chipset and duel channel 400mhz ram I am gonna look into that ..:)

well mine reads internal diode and socket temp. so i matched the internat to ex plus 5 (from experience its a little hotter than the socket inside the core) i use MBM5, well cool tool imho. also most of my temp questions were answerd over ad www.amdmb.com in there forums :) lemme know what you find out m8.

OK so after a little looking around I see that PCAlert4 is showing me the wrong temps for CPU but all other info is correct I installed MBM and I see the correct temps now for case, power supply, and cpu, and can read from a good choice of options I used MBM on one of my older rigs looks like I will need to keep it on this one to get a true reading ....thanks Gonzo for bringing me back to earth on that .... looking back I see just how silly I was in assuming that my cpu was at 32C while the case was at 40C lol but all that aside I see the fault is in that little application not the bios or a sensor on the mainboard which is a good thing .... So as it is right this minute we have, cpu 45C- case 40C- power supply 33C with Fan at 4800rpm and all is well :)

Have moved and reinstalled heatsinks several times without more paste.
If you avoid "the slide and lift / replace" principal , should be alright to avoid temp increases..

Well its just too hot here now we are in a heat wave I pulled the stock heatsink and fan , lapped my Vantec Aeroflow tip magnetic driving fan + heatsink reapplied arctic silver 3 and dropped from cpu 47C to 39C .....so now I feel better :)

Board 45C, CPU 39.5C, Power/AUX 34.5C

:)

And as for not cleaning off old paste and not using new paste or grease I would not go that route no thanks I prefere to do it the proper way ;)

What gives you the idea that AMD's have over temp protection? They do not. Intel does.

Update to my last post lol I got fed up and installed a 12,000 btu air conditioning unit and now my temps are 32C idle and I am not sweating anymore either LOLOLOL :D

Originally posted by qualserve
What gives you the idea that AMD's have over temp protection? They do not. Intel does.

afaik, its the motherboard that controls overheating protection. I mean, the cpu doesnt know how hot it is, the mobo does though as the sensor is attached to the mobo and not the cpu.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back