i need some help please!

thanks Bootsy, i definitely need all the help i can get!

if i don't reply for a few days now, it's because i'm going to be minus a phone line for a few days [more hassle i could do without i suppose, it's a long story], but if anyone can figure this one out it'll be with a HUGE thanks.........

you cant even move the files, like to another computer via lan?

nope, it's just a standalone machine.

anyone else have any ideas to help a suffering soul? i'm willing to try...

bronx bomber,

well, i can't copy them to another folder, is that what you mean? when i try to copy the file xp crashes.

well folks, after much stressing I just decided to delete the offending image that was crashing the pc. funnily, that didn't cause xp to crash which i had been wondering might have happened. the funny thing is the picture did come up in the preview pane in the left hand side of the folder it was in, but just wouldn't do anything else with it. i even tried making a copy of it via dos, but again the pc just hung instead.

so, the moral of this story...i don't know, but this whole situation did have me deeply pissed at one stage. would this have happened with a mac? a couple of friends with macs laughed their tits off when i told them about the problem but what the hell. i'm now minus one pic which wasn't even that important, just one of a drunken night out with friends.

i just want to say thanks to everyone that replied, and what the f#ck you can't win them all.

i think the moral of the story is that macs suck.

at least, thats my moral.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back