I need help with windows xp

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ssj4conejo, Jun 1, 2002.

1. ssj4conejo

ssj4conejo Guest

I'm no newbie, but the thing is i was surfing and i landed on xpmania's site in which there was 20 facts about winxp. ONe of them was that you can lock your xp desktop by pressing windows key + l. NOw everytime i restart instead of seeing the icons of each user that are clickable i see a windows 98 type login were you have to put in your name and password if any. Has anyone been through this, please tell me how to make it go back to normal. THanks, for your time

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Control panel->user accounts->change way users log on or off

3. ssj4conejo

ssj4conejo Guest

i tried that

Its already tried it, uset he welcome screen is checked but it keeps doing it. try presing the windows key and l
    see what happens.

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

lock desktop option: 'display properties' > 'desktop' tab > 'customize desktop...' button > 'web' tab

hope that's it. }:>

5. ssj4conejo

ssj4conejo Guest

NOt yet

Try yourselves pressing the windows key and L and see if you have the same problem when you restart.

6. G-Money

G-Money Big Air

When I press the WIN key and L. I get my login screen with 3 users to pick from.........

:)

7. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

you know I should have read this thread all the way through, cause I pushed the win + L key and it did what famine said. now the problem is if I reboot and it does what ssj4conejo says I'm going to be pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. G-Money

G-Money Big Air

OK.... Im not 100% sure what ssj4conejo is talking about.

If you want WinXp to boot into windows without having to login there are three ways that I know of.

1. Cant remember where its at, but theres a setting in Win Xp somewhere... Not much help there.:D

2. Get tweakXP and there is a setting in it to auto log you on. You never see the login screen. You go right into windows......

3. Format.....

Hope this is what you are looking for.... I will hunt around in XP and see if I cant find that setting !!!!

:cool:

9. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

LMAO that's outstanding :D

thanks I needed that :D

10. ssj4conejo

ssj4conejo Guest

THanks GUys

Thankyou so much for your support. None of your methods work but i tried this i'll describe in case someone else runs into this problem. Just use stylexp and apply a stylexp and apply a different style. LOL it was just that, it fixed it now i can see the list of log-in names with a picture next to them.

11. G-Money

G-Money Big Air

12. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

I don't get it either?????? :eek: