I need help finding an ATI Radeon 9500 Pro for around $150

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ThePunkerGuy, Sep 29, 2003.

1. ThePunkerGuy

ThePunkerGuy Guest

Ok, i really need some help. I plan on spending about $150 on a video card. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that i have two options here, the ATI Radeon 9500 Pro, or the 9600 Pro. I know the 9500 Pro is better, but is getting hard to find. I could get the 9600 Pro as a last resort, being that it is almost as good as the 9500 pro. Which ever one i get, i really want to overclock the heck out of it, both memory and core.. most likely on stock cooling. I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me find a Radeon 9500 Pro that should overclock well for about $150.. give or take a little. I would prefer new, but if all we can find is used, then that should be fine as well. Thanks guys!
    - Mike

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

fyi.. the 9600pro overclocks far better than the 9500pro...

it may be slower in some situations than a 9500pro but with oc's it matches up extremely well/is superior to the 9500pro...

the 9500pro is no longer being produced so you may well be better off checking for used parts or check pricewatch for possible stores that carry it... @ ati.com it is EOL...