I need a Gaming 64 bit Laptop! Either turion or Athlon64

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ctcfirebird, Jul 19, 2005.

1. ctcfirebird

ctcfirebird OSNN One Post Wonder

I need a Gaming laptop badly. I am going to a huge Lan party next month and I want one by then, I already have a 64bit 3700+ 6800GT 2gig system but im going to let my friend use my computer for the Lan. Anyways Does anyone know a good 64 bit laptop that more than jus the damn 9700!!! I hate that, if not now does anyone know when there might be some AMD laptops with something higher than the 9700, I was going to buy the Ferrari 4000 with the x700 because I heard it was O.K. with some games but I wont be able to stand the 15.4 monitor I need at least 17". Does anyone know if there is any laptop out right now that has AMD and is better than the 9700, basically I just need a system to run Battlefield 2, Galaxies, WOW, Unreal Tournament, and HL2 good and has 17inch monitor. I dont care how much ram it has (Id rather it come with none), what os it has (I rather have it come with none), I know I probably cant get something as good as my PC. But I just need something that can run those games pretty good, with high settings.

P.S. I am not to familiar with the ATI cards... if there isnt any ways to get a graphics card better than the 9700 128, do you know if that would even run Battlefield 2 or HL 2? I am going to have at least have 2 gigs of ram in the system. Please respond! I was a few click away from buying a XPS2 yesterday because I am sick of waiting, but I dont think I would be able to do that because I hate intel so much. Anyways some one please let me know?! Also if you know a place maybe that has a weekly news letter or something I can sign up for, from a gaming laptop company or any computer company that would probably announce if there would be such thing as a AMD laptop having a good videocard let me know. Also can you tell me some other websites that having gaming laptops besides
    Alienware/CyperPower/HyperSonic/XtremeNotebooks/VooDoo/NorthWestFalcon
    THANKS!
    Sorry for such a long postI need a Gaming laptop badly. I am going to a huge Lan party next month and I want one by then, I already have a 64bit 3700+ 6800GT 2gig system but im going to let my friend use my computer for the Lan. Anyways Does anyone know a good 64 bit laptop that more than jus the damn 9700!!! I hate that, if not now does anyone know when there might be some AMD laptops with something higher than the 9700, I was going to buy the Ferrari 4000 with the x700 because I heard it was O.K. with some games but I wont be able to stand the 15.4 monitor I need at least 17". Does anyone know if there is any laptop out right now that has AMD and is better than the 9700, basically I just need a system to run Battlefield 2, Galaxies, WOW, Unreal Tournament, and HL2 good and has 17inch monitor. I dont care how much ram it has (Id rather it come with none), what os it has (I rather have it come with none), I know I probably cant get something as good as my PC. But I just need something that can run those games pretty good, with high settings.

P.S. I am not to familiar with the ATI cards... if there isnt any ways to get a graphics card better than the 9700 128, do you know if that would even run Battlefield 2 or HL 2? I am going to have at least have 2 gigs of ram in the system. Please respond! I was a few click away from buying a XPS2 yesterday because I am sick of waiting, but I dont think I would be able to do that because I hate intel so much. Anyways some one please let me know?! Also if you know a place maybe that has a weekly news letter or something I can sign up for, from a gaming laptop company or any computer company that would probably announce if there would be such thing as a AMD laptop having a good videocard let me know. Also can you tell me some other websites that having gaming laptops besides
    Alienware/CyperPower/HyperSonic/XtremeNotebooks/VooDoo/NorthWestFalcon
    THANKS!
    Sorry for such a long post

2. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

wow that was like reading a book..
    well your request is hard because the 17inch monitor and the limited cpu and videocard.
    Check on ebay on some of those ebay laptop stores, i found www.xoticpc.com when i was searching and they seemed "ok" but if you were going for a nice gaming laptop there has been a lot of conversation in another topic (started by me!! :D) that is about the dell xps2 and alienware 7700m. The Ferrari is a nice laptop from what the reviews are but not sure if its made for gaming. If money isn't a problem get the xps2 (i am ont sure if they do amd64 and 17inch, www.dell.com ) and good luck with finding one.

3. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

17inch screen, thats not a laptop thats a desktop :p

IMO laptops are getting to big to be called laptops. I have seen some that would make a good boat anchor!

4. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

the alienware i ordered is supposed to be around 12lbs.. i think its to help all the weak computer guys (like me) get big and strong, we can't lift weights but we can lift our notebooks :)

Admiral Michael likes this.
  5. Admiral Michael

LOL nice one mooo!! I like it.

6. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

There is no such thing as a gaming laptop. It is an oxymoron. I'm not even sure you can get a real gaming PC into a reduced form factor case.
    -Too much heat.
    -Too much power needed for battery operation.

Be prepared to be disappointed no matter what you get.

7. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

laptops have never been laptops, they overheat if you keep one on your lap

8. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

9. Admiral Michael

ok fine notebooks. TO me a laptop is a notebook, I dont call it a laptop cuz it goss on your lap.

10. champ2005

champ2005 | xs |

while its not 32bit, the Dell Inspiron 9300/XPS2 is simply the best laptop out there for gaming which still has a certain degree of mobility attached to it.

If you can afford it, the XPS2 has a Geforce 6800 Ultra GO 256mb (just as good as your desktop's 6800GT), a Pentium M 2.13ghz (= 3.4ghz Pentium 4), and a brilliant 17" WUXGA (1920x1200) screen with the new gloss-coating. Even the Insipiron's 9300's regular Geforce 6800 Go will have no problem with the games you mentioned.