I know half the answers...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mainframeguy, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

to this question (like you can do it with a command)

But what I seek is a simple utility program that offers me two things without "frills" - remote message and remote shutdown over a network.

I just want to make things a little neater than a DOS box or script - and I have seen many that have this functionality out there, some are frankly not very good and almost all have more "extras" than I have any interest in for my needs....

so I await a link with interest (because I know how well "networked" all you folk are!) :p

2. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

deepfreeze can do it but it also has a lot of the features you don't want and is somewhat costly.
    i would guess install a vnc program and shut it down that way, although a program to detect all boxes on a network and just click of a button shut them down does sound very very nice.. /me goes and develops :D

3. Mainframeguy

go moo go - I'll be your sponsor and beta tester rolled into one (and I know this is dooable or should I say mooable :p ) I just do not have the time, only the need.... also feel sure someone has done it since it is so more or less trivial.....

4. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

hahaha mooable :)

5. Mainframeguy

bump / link

I already looked here but the little utility program is as inneffective for me as the Shutdown command - although I know I have right IP addie (can ping fine) and admin rights - wonder what the missing component may be? :confused: