I Have A Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by rgiord54, Feb 11, 2002.

1. rgiord54

rgiord54 Guest

I have a friend that upgraded to Win Xp Pro. When he is useing IE 6, it loads a page with no problem, but when he loads a sub like it comes up with a web page cannot be found or its just hangs there. If I send him a e-mail with a link in it, he cannot open a window. I put netscape in there and it works fine. Nothing was change when he upgraded from windows 98. Can anyone help me, I know its in IE 6 some where but can't find it.
    :confused:

2. killuau

killuau Guest

What kind of internet connection des he have ????

3. rgiord54

rgiord54 Guest

DSL

He has bell south dsl

4. killuau

killuau Guest

MAKE SURE HE DOESNT SELECT DETECT NETWORK SETTINGS OTHERWISE IT WONT WORK.
    BRING UP IE6 WINDOW > TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > CONNECTION > LAN SETTINGS AND UNCHECK "DETECT NETWORK SETTINGS" .
    THIS MIGHT FIX THE PROBLEM'

5. insaNity

insaNity Guest

i doubt it

try reinstalling internet explorer

6. rgiord54

rgiord54 Guest

IE 6

I tryied re-installing it. Nothing works, any more ideas?:(

7. cychem

cychem Guest

I would try doing a fresh clean install of Win XP. I've never seen an upgrade that worked, and I have tried it about 20 times with all the paths. I know its a pain but in the end the system will be faster and more stable.

Try it I hope this helps

8. Don357

Don357 Guest

IE6

I had the same type of trouble with it. IE had a window with a picture of my desktop, and I could not erase it. the windows didn't even have an X in the corner or options.

I would make sure that you have all of the downloads from the Microsoft website. And the other guy was right, there are many unexplained upgrade problems.