i hate xp

Well I'm sure we have all gone thru H??L
Let's see ( the versions I have had and I probably forgot some)
2.0 never worked
3.0 should've bought a mac
3.1 almost an operating system
3.11 holy cow sort of networked
win 95 - plug and play????????????
win 98 - plug and almost play
win 98se - usb here we come
win me - ?????????????????/
win xp - Hey man we are just about there
Relatively stable, handles most types of hardware (IGNORE XP SIG
BS) and runs (hopefully) for days, weeks???
I remember the days of desqview also known as dos multitasking.
Life is much better

Originally posted by prodj88
xp is being a beotch lately. its been doing errors and erasing my files from the start up menu and its really freaking annoying! its so dang unstableee! it exits out of games randomly and does all this shiiiiiiit!

Kinda like saying "I hate my car, it always gets into accidents, I keep getting flat tires, changing the oil is a pain in the ass, and my insurance rate keeps going up everytime I get pulled over."

None of that being the cars fault.

My point is: ever consider the fact that Windows XP is wonderful until viruses, tweaks, bad hardware and idiots take over?

Re: Re: i hate xp

Originally posted by Herkalees
Kinda like saying "I hate my car, it always gets into accidents, I keep getting flat tires, changing the oil is a pain in the ass, and my insurance rate keeps going up everytime I get pulled over."

None of that being the cars fault.

My point is: ever consider the fact that Windows XP is wonderful until viruses, tweaks, bad hardware and idiots take over?

Herkalees made the point I was going to make after I read the initial post. People are too quick to blame the OS when something happens. Nobody should assume that they can be reckless on their system without anything bad happening. Some people will have many problems with XP and end up hating it, but as this thread demonstrates, those people are by far in the minority. I've been using Windows since 3.1, and it's amazing how far the OS has come. I think XP is just about everything I could want from an OS. Yes it has bugs and holes, but considering the millions of lines of code, I appreciate how stable it has become. Two thumbs up and I'm excited about Longhorn!

Originally posted by prodj88
bite me

hmm... not really sure who that was directed to. Thanks for the offer though, unfortunately I'm gonna have to decline.

And if the evil one won't touch you then I certainly won't even have a nibble. :p

Originally posted by NetRyder
It's not the first time he's acted like a 5 year old. I prefer to ignore it. :rolleyes:

Good call.

But anyway, XP doesn't suck... and it doesn't make much sense to come to this forum and say that it does. :confused:

Re: Re: i hate xp

Originally posted by Herkalees

tru dat...I've been using it since release candidate 1 tweaking the #!$% out of it, and haven't had any major issues with it other than faulty drivers or something that wasn't eventually resolved.

Erasing files at startup? That doesn't sound like any Windows function I'm aware of. hehehee...Herkalees, he's probably replying to you right now, it's just that it's randomly crashing all the time now, and when it reboots he loses all his settings:eek: I just had to throw this in and say thanks for the laughs tonight everyone

I try and stay away from Micro$oft products. That's why I use MS-DOS...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back