I got lazy, had a brain-fade and installed all of aol's bells & whistles...

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by StephenMWhite, May 8, 2006.

1. StephenMWhite

StephenMWhite OSNN One Post Wonder

:dead: It's deja-vu all over again for me w/ aol...

In a moment of MADNESS I installed aol's 9.0 Security version after they so NICELY sent me the disk...

As before, with EVERY complete installation AOL software took over my system and even when I deleted or removed or threatened my computer w/ my ol' hackneyed cliche of 'I'll pull the plug!" I was no longer even able to guestimate what it would do next...:angry:

Luckily, I learned a trick that works for me and has saved me MANY times. I partitioned 'C' and created a 'D' saving ALL my important files in 'D.' :eek: When in the course of HUMAN events it becomes necessary to wipe and reinstall ALL :ninja:software that my computer came w/....I don't loose my really important stuff: music and pics...docs and:smoker: funn stuff...

AS w/ a multitude of new year's resolutions...I AGAIN affirm that I WILL NEVER take aol installs @ their word... :speechless: :disappointed: :alien:

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Thread moved to Green Room.

3. mlakrid

mlakrid OSNN BASSMASTER Political User Folding Team

Green room???

4. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Not quite sure where it fits in. New member offering advice on an issue he/she had? Applications?

5. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

why not stick it in the Welcome to OSNN thread? ;)

Speaking of which - welcome you are Stephen...

Good job you seem to have the right idea about AOL - no need for you to get flamb├ęd on your first post :p

6. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Ha! Your pain is understood. When I removed my AOL (2000?) the search engines weren't that great so it was hard to get help. So I just did what I knew...reformat!